TechSpot

Sony announces neon-colored Vaio C series

By Matthew
Feb 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Grab some sunglasses and feast your eyes on Sony's new Vaio C series. The new laptops sport an exclusive orange or green color scheme that Sony hopes will appeal to folks wanting to "show off their creative side." The neon colors would undoubtedly deter some prospective buyers, but Sony plans to offer black, white and pink versions for the less adventurous type. The systems also radiate light through the Vaio logo and around the edges in their shell color.

Read the whole story

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,821   +922

Thank God! It's about time! Barbie and Ken have been dying for a laptop that matches their life style! I'd like to be the first to suggest matching dollar store sunglasses free with every lappie.

I hope Sony sees fit to hook them up with a matching "Easy Bake Oven". Oh, and before I forget, maybe some neon plastic roller skates.

Nuthin' like news on the the cutting edge of technology to peak my interest, and get the juices flowin'!. Gotta jet now, time for my nap. Zzzzzzz.....

3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

You still around cap'n?

Anyway, these are a waste of money.

4. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 304   +37

Oh so stupid.

5. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

They are still available in black so no reason to get your trousers in a bunch.

Hate it all you want, but I think more colors is a good thing. These definitely aren't for me, but why not?

6. mcmurphy12

mcmurphy12 TS Member Posts: 93

These are fabulous!

7. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 275

No hot pink. No sale.

8. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 803   +9

It's not that i'm not adventurous, I just don't feel like attracting attention to myself when i'm out in public. I just want a burger and a place to check my mail...not be stared at by everyone who walks by, or make people think there's road work ahead, or make people think the traffic light is green.
    And how the hell is pink not adventurous? It may not be neon like the orange and green, but it's still an attention getter.

9. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

It's all about having choices. Not everyone likes black or gray colored laptops. What matters is the stuff under the hood and from the limited information available from Sony i.e. Sandy Bridge CPUs with optional mid-range ATI discrete graphics, I'd say their specs are pretty decent, neon color or not.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.