Sony drops a new trailer for Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Bottom line: Sony has published the second official trailer for Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City ahead of the film’s theatrical premiere on November 24. Dubbed Nightmare Trailer, the preview picks right up where the last left off. And by that, I mean it’s packed to the brim with the sort of horror and gore that some fans have been craving from the franchise.

As we learned last month, Welcome to Raccoon City is based on the first two Resident Evil games and has no tie-ins to any of the other films in the franchise. Set in 1998, the movie follows Chris and Claire Redfield along with a host of other familiar faces from the early games as they investigate what the Umbrella Corporation has been up to and try to “make it through the night.”

The first trailer arguably gave off a low-budget feel. As a longtime fan of the original game, this second trailer has me genuinely excited to see what Sony and writer / director Johannes Roberts have put together.

Sony Pictures has also published several vignettes on YouTube in recent weeks for those that want to learn more about the film’s characters.

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City hits theaters on November 24.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I'd almost put money on it having been "Rangoon City" originally and this is how they westernized it.

I don't know how good the movie will be, but I like this Claire Redfield played by Kaya Scodelario.

I always disliked the one in the game, with that duck face. I played the game with a character swap actually because of that reason, lol.

Looks dumb.

But then again: Paul WS Anderson turned everything he touched into garbage.

I hope Roberts can do better, but this is a job I'd prefer handing to Ridley Scott.

Looks dumb.

But then again: Paul WS Anderson turned everything he touched into garbage.

I hope Roberts can do better, but this is a job I'd prefer handing to Ridley Scott.
What incarnation of Resident Evil would not feel dumb for you? It's a friggin' zombie apocalypse plot, what would you expect.

If you don't like the concept, just leave it. I personally liked all 7 films, with the 2nd installment being the weakest in the series, which is rather odd.

Can't wait for the reboot.

Back