TechSpot

Sony exceeds forecasts selling 5.3M Playstation 4 consoles

By Justin Kahn
Feb 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Sony has now announced that it has sold 5.3 million Playstation 4s. Well beyond its initial yearly forecast, Sony had expected to move around 5 million units between the console's launch in November 2013 and the year ending in March 2014.

Read more

2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 925   +247

The PS4 is a great console and I love the new gamepad design. I give the Xbox1 a hard time due to the crap/strings/fee's/terrible pricing I experienced with my 360S, and maybe that's not fair to compare them but I just feel Microsoft forces the issue more so then they need.
    That doesn't mean I don't like my 360S or use it, but needing the gold account to watch Netflix really grinds my gears when its free on my Wii and PS3.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  3. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 411   +79

Even though it is shady what Microsoft is doing. 3 million units is not to shabby. If they could come only drop the price and come out with exclusive titles.

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,080   +920

Very impressive.

5. Good job SONY. I wonder if the PS4 is the next Godfather of consoles.... unseating the PS2.
    This is the Gamer's console. PC is still King of all tho :)

6. I will get one when there is something to play.

7. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 742   +32

Titanfall is good. Very good. On my PC with GeForce 460gtx. When I get round to this gen I'm sure I'll get the Sony.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.