Sony hacked again, this time for phishing purposes

By Emil
May 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Sony has been hacked once again, although this time is not as serious. Security firm F-Secure has discovered that a Web server belonging to Sony is hosting a phishing site…

Read the whole story
  2. example1013

example1013 TS Enthusiast Posts: 265

It was probably the Chinese. Make no mistakes, they still want to conquer all of Asia.
  3. example1013

example1013 TS Enthusiast Posts: 265

Oh, and they hate Japan.
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,267   +101

Is this the beginning of the end?
  5. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 191

:sigh: Sony, you need to pull it together.
    You should realize that negative publicity on top of mega network failure on top of log-in exploits is not the way to impress customers :shake head:
  6. Take Your sits Ladys and Gentlemen This Year...THE MAIN EVENT!!!!! The New Sport!!!! Hacking Sony Over and Over Again!!!...this wil be long please take your popcorns and enjoy the year...LOL
  7. NeoFryBoy

NeoFryBoy TS Rookie Posts: 72

Sony. The only company in the world that doesn't believe in security...
  8. TekGun

TekGun TS Booster Posts: 156   +17

It's kind of funny seeing as it's the company that gave us the Sony rootkit...karma
  9. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Guru Posts: 443   +17

10. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

Or maybe its just printed on a different kind of paper....

e.g. bank notes are more important! ;)
  11. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Booster Posts: 209   +30

I don't think it's really Sony's fault, it could have been any company being compromised. Sony is just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  12. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

Some of that might be true in fairness - No company is insurmountable to attack, not unless they're offline and cannot be attacked.

You do have to wonder how secure everything at Sony really is though, or just how much they're now suffering at the abuse of crackers.

I fear having made such a huge target of themselves in recent times there will be no shortage of those wishing to attack them - it makes you wonder if they can move on from the damage this has caused long term.
  13. They deserve every bit of this and then some.

14. crankyslap

crankyslap TS Rookie

15. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 537   +152

Hmm... Should we get the premium security suite, or the best buy plug-and-play version... Let's just save some money and hire that guy on the street standing outside of best buy who may or may not have any qualifications.

- Sony People's thoughts
  16. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +463

Well... Sony knows how to screw it...
  17. supertech

supertech TS Member Posts: 84   +10

wa wa wee wa
  18. *facepalm* Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you, fool me three times, shame on you... When will Sony learn?
  19. If you ask me this is so suspicious!!! They the only company to be hacked so many times in the last few weeks... It amazes me how they can be breached so easily (Sarcastic Face) cause I'm sure that they as a multi billion dollar company wont have such weak security measures. Just look at the lengths they go to in protecting game piracy issues. They have looked at security, its just a issue like all company's have of flaws being exploited.

If you ask me there has to be a inside guy or they should take closer look at the rival they have... Don't you think it's funny how you don't hear of attempts of hacking on Xbox or so on hmmmm...

To be a hater of Sony is to be a hater of technology as they have basically laid the foundations for portable gaming, being that x box and Nintendo have learnt and built there consoles from Sonys previous success and failures... People who hate the Corp Sony just cant afford to probably purchase there items as they are pricey but are way worth the quality... I love tech, be it even a electric tooth brush....
  20. As a die hard xbox fan, this is fun. PS2 users are now losing the 'which system is better debate', in epic fashion. :)
  21. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,267   +101

BluRay drive still functions. end debate
  22. @Guest 5:55 AM: You're a master debater.
  23. KRATOS!! Please do something about it or I swear as the GOD OF HACKING that you'll be sacrified here @ THE LAND OF INFAMOUS ANONYMUS!
  24. It seems anything negative about SONY is guaranteed Emil Protalinski ...Hhhmm? Do you report on anything else? or ur too busy camping on SONY to do so?

Anyways, these news are stale an lack punch. The SONY bashing has worn off now... "Next!!!"
  25. @Guest 1:17 PM Fanboy

Sony bashing will never get old. Sony sucks.