TechSpot

Sony intros colorful 14 and 17-inch VAIO E notebooks

By Matthew
Mar 22, 2010
  1. Sony has added two new notebooks to its rambunctious VAIO E line, which come in cheery, seizure-inducing colors. Both new offerings -- the 14-inch VPCEA1Z1E and 17.3-inch VPCEC1S1E -- are equipped with discrete graphics and Blu-ray players for high-def entertainment on the run.

Read the whole story

2. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Pretty :) I am definitely a fan of blu-ray so glad to see them continuing to be put standard in more PCs

3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 994   +89

Any word on prices Matthew? I know Sony products can seize the kings ransom, so I was wondering if they're going to play nice with the consumer's wallets or if these will follow the typical path.

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,387   +425

"...which come in cheery, seizure-inducing colors."

LOL...uh huh!

5. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

I think you're confusing Sony with Apple ;) Some of Sony's lower end laptops are actually reasonably priced, as long as you don't go for the £200 upgrade for an extra 2GB RAM or whatever.

On another note, surely Sony have exhausted the alphabet by now for their computer line up?

6. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,093   +86 Staff Member

9Nails, I didn't see official pricing in the press release, but you can specify your location and get an idea on the prices here. It seems the systems are £700 and up. Note that initial availability seems limited to Europe.

7. megrawab

megrawab TS Rookie Posts: 93

wow.. they all look GOOD.... like the black most... 579euros ...

8. Does this new sizes mean that 15.5 inch ones will be discontinued?

9. bigclick

bigclick TS Rookie Posts: 49

Fashion accessories on second floor. I was expecting racing stripes, flames and other patterns. Not so news worthy from my perspective. Buut..Ya gotta have a press release...daily.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.