TechSpot

Sony intros PSP bundle with MGS: Peace Walker

By Matthew
Mar 16, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sony is preparing to launch a special edition PlayStation Portable bundle to coincide with the release of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The upcoming installment is exclusive to Sony's PSP and should hit shelves on June 8. In addition to standalone copies, major retailers across the US and Canada will offer MGS: Peace Walker bundled with the PSP-3000 for $199.99. It's not just any old PSP-3000, though.

Read the whole story
  2. rajmond

rajmond TS Rookie Posts: 45

Good price
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 TS Rookie Posts: 60

Great price, while i feel the psp is superior to the ds, the psp just hasnt had the hype that the ds does.
  4. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 843   +11

I have to agree on both points. PSP really deserves more attention I think.
  5. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello...

just at the time i was getting myself hype for some handheld. Even if i'm not a big MSG fan, i admit that PW did arise my interest. I shall check it out, unless i succeed in some pointz exchange to get the GO ...

cheers!
  6. flocka

flocka TS Rookie Posts: 40

Should be red, but awesome price. ill buy this
  7. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,346   +396

Very decent price with the game. That metallic green looks pretty slick too. If I was in the market....
  8. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

Rather telling that the special edition release is back to the PSP 3000 model, not the lame PSP Go... They could easily have decided to use this type of program to lure people into the Go, but maybe the marketing guys finally realized that their vision for the Go was just too shortsighted and limited.

Then again, maybe they are just using this to get rid of their existing inventory of 3000s... heh
  9. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Nice colour! Kinda matches the MGS theme as well.

I think the reason why they didn't try to focus this on the PSP Go is because it's a flop - nobody wants a smaller screen and digital media... well not until it gets hacked anyway.
  10. megrawab

megrawab TS Rookie Posts: 93

Think it looks better in actual... Would there be blue?... So not much difference with other PSP except the color and the MGS?!!! But agree that it has a good price..
  11. Renegeek

Renegeek TS Rookie Posts: 96

Now sony did a great job on PSP. and very good price for doing so many functions.

12. pipopaz

pipopaz TS Rookie Posts: 70

I think the PSP Go is pretty much dead and sony kinda knows it, that's what they are sticking with the 3000s
  13. rskapadia2294

rskapadia2294 TS Rookie Posts: 102

hey great price and gr8 news!
  14. Yoda8232

Yoda8232 TS Rookie Posts: 145

Good price, though the PSP needs a total overhael and the PSP Go was a failure. Look at this for example, it's not bundled with the Go just the 3000.
  15. buttus

buttus TS Enthusiast Posts: 187

LOVE the game and the PSP...HATE the colour. Wow. Who picked this? Paris Hilton?
  16. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 592   +45

Wow, what about the PSP Go? Is Sony already bailing on it?
  17. Serag

Serag TS Enthusiast Posts: 179

Great price for a PSP-3000, smart move from Sony to revive it, bundling this with the next MSG and the exclusive perks and all..
  18. IamBD

IamBD TS Rookie Posts: 31

I guess they wont support the "Go" with this game. That system could have used a high profile game to sell it, but I guess its Sony's loss.
  19. jasonk1229

jasonk1229 TS Rookie Posts: 58

cool design
  20. rufio

rufio TS Rookie Posts: 51

nice price! the color? not quite. i wonder why they haven't phase out the older psp-3000 yet. I'd much rather buy the psp go (looks very nice + more portable)
  21. sagejay

sagejay TS Rookie Posts: 24

I don't get the color, maybe something like dark green would have been better.
    I mean "Spirited Green" and MGS just doesn't mix in my opinion
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.