Sony intros PSP bundle with MGS: Peace Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Sony is preparing to launch a special edition PlayStation Portable bundle to coincide with the release of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The upcoming installment is exclusive to Sony's PSP and should hit shelves on June 8. In addition to standalone copies, major retailers across the US and Canada will offer MGS: Peace Walker bundled with the PSP-3000 for $199.99. It's not just any old PSP-3000, though.

The special edition handheld will be "Spirited Green," which marks the first time the color will be available in North America. Additionally, the package has extra in-game content, such as an "exclusive Camouflage Uniform with FOX logos" and a "Stealth Gun feature," which will be unlocked early in the game. The bundle also includes a downloadable movie voucher, and a 2GB memory stick.

MGS: Peace Walker once again stars Naked Snake, and is set after the events of MGS: Snake Eater and MGS: Portable Ops, which were prequels to the original Metal Gear.

Permalink to story.

nmayer79 said:
Great price, while i feel the psp is superior to the ds, the psp just hasnt had the hype that the ds does.

I have to agree on both points. PSP really deserves more attention I think.

hello...

just at the time i was getting myself hype for some handheld. Even if i'm not a big MSG fan, i admit that PW did arise my interest. I shall check it out, unless i succeed in some pointz exchange to get the GO ...

cheers!

Very decent price with the game. That metallic green looks pretty slick too. If I was in the market....

Rather telling that the special edition release is back to the PSP 3000 model, not the lame PSP Go... They could easily have decided to use this type of program to lure people into the Go, but maybe the marketing guys finally realized that their vision for the Go was just too shortsighted and limited.

Then again, maybe they are just using this to get rid of their existing inventory of 3000s... heh

Nice colour! Kinda matches the MGS theme as well.

I think the reason why they didn't try to focus this on the PSP Go is because it's a flop - nobody wants a smaller screen and digital media... well not until it gets hacked anyway.

Think it looks better in actual... Would there be blue?... So not much difference with other PSP except the color and the MGS?!!! But agree that it has a good price..

Vrmithrax said:
Rather telling that the special edition release is back to the PSP 3000 model, not the lame PSP Go... They could easily have decided to use this type of program to lure people into the Go, but maybe the marketing guys finally realized that their vision for the Go was just too shortsighted and limited.

Then again, maybe they are just using this to get rid of their existing inventory of 3000s... heh

I think the PSP Go is pretty much dead and sony kinda knows it, that's what they are sticking with the 3000s

Good price, though the PSP needs a total overhael and the PSP Go was a failure. Look at this for example, it's not bundled with the Go just the 3000.

Great price for a PSP-3000, smart move from Sony to revive it, bundling this with the next MSG and the exclusive perks and all..

I guess they wont support the "Go" with this game. That system could have used a high profile game to sell it, but I guess its Sony's loss.

nice price! the color? not quite. i wonder why they haven't phase out the older psp-3000 yet. I'd much rather buy the psp go (looks very nice + more portable)

I don't get the color, maybe something like dark green would have been better.
I mean "Spirited Green" and MGS just doesn't mix in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back