Sony launches VAIO J entry-level all-in-one series

By Matthew
Jun 8, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shopping for a touch-enabled all-in-one PC on a budget? Sony wants you to know about its just-launched "entry-level" VAIO J AIO, which packs a 21.5-inch 1080p multi-touch display and is geared toward home entertainment. Both pre-order models come with a Blu-ray player as well as touch-friendly media software, but vary slightly in horsepower.

Read the whole story
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

wow! for an extra $500 or so you jump from a Core i3 to an i7! and a proper descrete graphics card instead of Intel in-built crap! man why would anyone go for the lower model? that just pricey for the sake of being pricey.
  3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,042   +84 Staff Member

:) As is often the case with Sony PCs.
  4. i think Sony is playing the same game as Apple.. marketiing to peeps that just don't know any better... only peeps i know that buy either a Sony or a Mac.. think they are getting a great deal and awesome performance... walk out to the parking lot with them...and see that they drive a Prius...
  5. With SONY and any other highly rated manufacturers say Apple ...you pay for quality, and longevity.
    and that will cost you ... with others you pay for quantity and defective hardwares...
  6. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 Newcomer, in training Posts: 118

It is VERY nice looking!
  7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

Novatech make Laptops and computers that have won loads of awards over the years and they are some of the cheapest laptops on the net (they don't come with Windows though) and Lenovo also make very good quality Laptops yet they are no where near the same price as an "quality" make.

That is a rubbish arguement, the only thing they have over these other companys is style and reputation. Again the reputation is down to people who don't know any better and style to draw them in.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.