TechSpot

Sony launching PlayMemories Online next week with 5GB of free storage

By Shawn Knight
Apr 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Sony has announced that their media-sharing service will go live next week in six countries. Users in Canada, France, Germany, Japan, the UK and the US will have access to...

Read the whole story

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,978   +390

Do people really care about their homemade media that much? if i take i pic or a vid, i just go home and transfer it to my PC. Do people really have a need for this every day?

3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,594   +627

Talk about being late to the game...

4. ever since sony had those rootkits in CDs i've never trusted them with anything, i wont trust them with my private info too.

5. Yeah, Sony is always late to get in the game, late to hear their clients, late to get a clue... this is why their online gaming ventures fail horribly.
    No, you do not want to trust these people with Anything sensitive, valuable, sentimental, or noteworthy. I would not let these guys borrow my toaster, let alone my videos and photos.
    The muck up everything they touch.

Be wary.

6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 994   +89

Those people are WAY TO HAPPY in that commercial!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.