Sony NGP will be backwards compatible with downloadable PSP games

By Emil
Jun 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Sony's PSP successor, codenamed Next Generation Portable (NGP), will have backwards compatibility with downloadable PSP games. All PSP games are run via a software emulator that will let you turn…

Read the whole story
  2. "Users spotted wording and details buried in the HTML source code for Sony's official E3 website that indicate PS Vita may be the handheld's final name."

Undebatable Truth as expected from Sony. "Intended or not" somebody should get a kick in the ***.
  3. Sweet! I can't wait to NOT BUY IT.

GTFO SONY
  4. This thing is a beast...! Day 1 purchase. SONY...this is what the PSP-Go should have been all along... you got it right this time. Cant wait...my wallet itches.
  5. chaboi390

chaboi390 Newcomer, in training Posts: 83

Well atleast now SONY has gotten something right about its own product.
  6. arkantos

arkantos TechSpot Member Posts: 51

the backwards compatability saves this one; if not another failure.
  7. maybe it's a good idea to get this sooner rather than later before Sony manages to remove the backward compatibility
    </sarcasm>

Doesn't really matter for me regardless, all my PSP games are on UMD and those that aren't probably won't work because of "technical issues"...

System does look amazing and the biggest reason why I may not get it is that I'd have to give personal details to Sony, they really have failed at keeping such information safe lately.
  8. I believe that sony said that PS3 games will be backward compatible with PS2 and at some point they remove the chip that ensured that. Also they said something about other os option and failed to keep their promise. So go ahead and buy it. This time sony will sure hold it promise.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.