TechSpot

Sony prepares PS3 firmware 2.80 for release

By Justin
Jun 23, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Update: Sony launched its PS3 firmware 2.80 today. No major features but some bug fixes. If you would like to download this update please head here.

Read the whole story
  2. cant w8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
  3. Another update designed to empty our wallets.

Why doesn't Sony fix their present "Beta" programs and get someone to write some games which take full advantage of the PS3 console's capabilities.

Or.......reduce their outrageous game prices.
  4. neill1973

neill1973 TS Rookie Posts: 30

I hope it will finally allow us to play PS2 games on it.
  5. An update does not empty your wallet, you don't pay for updates you *****! It's an improvement to the system and it's software among other things like addons (goodies)....do you even own a PS?
  6. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Rookie Posts: 103

Guest #3, I think that Guest #2 was making a different point. Relax with the name calling and take a second to interpret what someone's argument is. Maybe he was arguing against the idea of adding a different component to the firmware, which would require increasingly difficult code for game developers to create games that would take advantage of the "upgrades"? Thus, keeping the price of games high?

I'm just throwing that out there. ;P Don't be so quick to judge.
  7. A system update is not the same as a PStore update.
    You don,t pay for system updates...!
  8. developers do now understand the PS3 and are taking advantage of the System's power.
    An update does not deter in anyway from them being able to do so....

Instead of being so readily able to talk about SONY this and SONY that. If you're not a developer then please don't make such wild unclear remarks @ SONY and check the Playstation site for more info.
  9. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,075   +76

Guest #5 is most likely a cyber-stalker ex-boyfriend of Mirah B. Save his details and notify Mirah, Techspot.

That also brings me the point that there are way too many guests on here that are able to spam the board.

As for the PS3 update, I still haven't figured out what is so special about this update after downloading it. Does anyone know what they did other than basic improvements?
  10. Why download an update that's not yet released as far as i know. You may have downloaded the current 2.76...check the PS site.
  11. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,075   +76

It has been released since noon est as far as I know. At least that's when I checked it. No, it wasn't 2.76

12. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Actually the ps3 system is just barely being used by developers to its potential. Constant updates does and will make it more difficult. It benefits the consumer for a better product, but its not helping the cost of the games to go down.
  13. polidiotic

"Update: Sony launched its PS3 firmware 2.80 today. No major features but some bug fixes."
  14. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

Game prices going down? There are games that came out with the 360 and PS3 that still cost full price.

This generation of gaming blows.
  15. u critics and the calm down guy are twats
  16. thus pol*****ic is being so quick to judge that's why we post our opinion FW 2.80 is another bit of FW that all adds up
  17. polidiotic

Ummm, what? Grow some balls and sign-up for an account. Your anonymity is pissing me off.
  18. I did here I am swinging balls and all
  19. Twister123

Twister123 TS Rookie Posts: 219

I did forgot to sign in first balls still swinging ,hi mum!:wave:
  20. polidiotic

Thank you. Now how the hell am I being "so quick to judge" and what the hell are you talking about?
  21. Twister123

Twister123 TS Rookie Posts: 219

your judging the point the guest was making , would u believe this is the first blog I ever joined ? well its true ! where in the states r u from ?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.