Sony prepares PS3 firmware 2.80 for release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Update: Sony launched its PS3 firmware 2.80 today. No major features but some bug fixes. If you would like to download this update please head here.

PlayStation 3 users everywhere, get ready for an update tomorrow following Sony's announcement of a new firmware for your console. Firmware version 2.80 brings with it a short list of improvements and fixes for the platform, along with an allegedly big new feature the company offered no details about.

This is the latest in a long series of firmware updates Sony has crafted for the PS3 since release, with the first updates happening more than two years ago shortly after it was launched. While each and every release may not be all that exciting, watching modern consoles evolve certainly is; with not only bugs being corrected but major features being added just by having it plugged in to the Internet.

Permalink to story.

Another update designed to empty our wallets.

Why doesn't Sony fix their present "Beta" programs and get someone to write some games which take full advantage of the PS3 console's capabilities.

Or.......reduce their outrageous game prices.

An update does not empty your wallet, you don't pay for updates you *****! It's an improvement to the system and it's software among other things like addons (goodies)....do you even own a PS?

Guest #3, I think that Guest #2 was making a different point. Relax with the name calling and take a second to interpret what someone's argument is. Maybe he was arguing against the idea of adding a different component to the firmware, which would require increasingly difficult code for game developers to create games that would take advantage of the "upgrades"? Thus, keeping the price of games high?

I'm just throwing that out there. ;P Don't be so quick to judge.

A system update is not the same as a PStore update.
You don,t pay for system updates...!

developers do now understand the PS3 and are taking advantage of the System's power.
An update does not deter in anyway from them being able to do so....

Instead of being so readily able to talk about SONY this and SONY that. If you're not a developer then please don't make such wild unclear remarks @ SONY and check the Playstation site for more info.

Guest #5 is most likely a cyber-stalker ex-boyfriend of Mirah B. Save his details and notify Mirah, Techspot.

That also brings me the point that there are way too many guests on here that are able to spam the board.

As for the PS3 update, I still haven't figured out what is so special about this update after downloading it. Does anyone know what they did other than basic improvements?

Why download an update that's not yet released as far as i know. You may have downloaded the current 2.76...check the PS site.

It has been released since noon est as far as I know. At least that's when I checked it. No, it wasn't 2.76

Actually the ps3 system is just barely being used by developers to its potential. Constant updates does and will make it more difficult. It benefits the consumer for a better product, but its not helping the cost of the games to go down.

Game prices going down? There are games that came out with the 360 and PS3 that still cost full price.

This generation of gaming blows.

thus pol*****ic is being so quick to judge that's why we post our opinion FW 2.80 is another bit of FW that all adds up

Guest said:
thus pol*****ic is being so quick to judge that's why we post our opinion FW 2.80 is another bit of FW that all adds up

Ummm, what? Grow some balls and sign-up for an account. Your anonymity is pissing me off.

your judging the point the guest was making , would u believe this is the first blog I ever joined ? well its true ! where in the states r u from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back