As featured in:
- King's Field Retrospective: Exploring the Roots of Elden Ring and Dark Souls
- Intellivision: Gone But Not Forgotten
- Did You Know? 14 Strange But True Tech Facts
Always update your PlayStation system to the latest version of the system software. By updating, you can enjoy additional features, improved usability, and enhanced security.
Main features in system software update 7.00 for your PS4
The following changes have been made to Party.
- The maximum number of people who can join a party has been increased from 8 to 16.
- Chat transcription has been added, and accessibility has been improved. While in a party, use PS4 Second Screen*1 on your smartphone or other mobile device to convert party voice chat to text, or to enter text to have it read aloud to other party members. This feature works only in English and is available only on PS4™ systems sold in certain regions.
- Network connectivity has been improved.
- Audio quality of voice chat has been improved.
- Remote Play can now be used on more devices.
- Besides Xperia™ devices, Remote Play can now be used on other smartphones and tablets running Android™ 5.0 or higher*2. Download PS4 Remote Play from Google Play™ to use this feature.
Additionally, for mobile devices running Android 10, you can now connect a DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller via Bluetooth® for Remote Play*2*3.
*1 Download the latest version of PS4 Second Screen, available from Google Play™ or the App Store.
*2 Remote Play may not be compatible with every device. Some games do not support Remote Play. A PS4™ system with a wired connection via a LAN cable is recommended.
*3 Depending on the device, certain features such as the touch pad and the vibration function may not be available.
Other updated features
- When using Remote Play on an iPhone or iPad, you can now do the following things. Select Settings on the Remote Play screen to switch to these settings.
- iPhone or iPad: The controller can now be displayed at all times.
- iPhone: You can now lock the screen orientation.
You can now use a DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller via Bluetooth® for Remote Play on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac*. Update to the following OS to use this feature.
- iOS 13
- iPadOS 13
- macOS Catalina
* Some features, such as the touch pad and the vibration function, may not be available on the iPhone and iPad.
If your PS3™ system software version is 4.85 (or later), you do not need to perform this update. To check the version of your system software, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information].
- This system software update improves system performance.
- Do not download or install updates using data other than official update data provided online or on disc media by Sony Computer Entertainment, and do not download or install updates by methods other than those described in the system documentation or on this website. If you download or install update data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3™ system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3™ system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3™ system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
- The system software and system software updates installed on your system are subject to a limited license from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.Visit https://www.scei.co.jp/ps3-eula for details.
- If your PS3™ system software version is 4.85 (or later), you do not need to perform this update. To check the version of your system software, go to > (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Software] field.
- The [Install Other OS] and [Default System] features have been deleted in system software versions 3.21 and later. You will not be able to use [Install Other OS] or [Default System] under (Settings) > (System Settings).
- See the Consumer Alerts page for more details.
- To play some software or use some features, you may first need to update the system software.
- Depending on your PS3™ system software version, the screen images and icons that are used on this website may differ from those that appear on your system.
System Software Update 3.72 for your PS Vita
- This system software update improves system performance.
- Do not download or install the update using data other than the official update file provided online or on a PS Vita card by Sony Interactive Entertainment. Do not download or install updates by methods other than those described in the system documentation or on this website. If you download or install update data from a different source, by a different method, or on a PS Vita system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS Vita system might not operate properly and might not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions can void the PS Vita system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Do not turn off the power or remove the memory card for your PS Vita system during the update process. Interrupting the update can cause a system malfunction.
- It might not be possible to start the update if the battery charge level is low.
- You might not be able to use some applications or content without first updating the system software.
The PS Vita system and PS TV system software updates installed on your system are subject to a limited license from Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Visit https://www.scei.co.jp/psvita-eula/ for details.
Recent Sony PlayStation Firmware news
The three-tiered service scheduled to launch next spring
Game bits: PS anniversary, Paper Mario heading to Switch Online, and GTA Trilogy physical copies get delayedA birthday, a reunion, and a delay
Developers want to populate the world with 'real' characters living their lives