TechSpot

Sony PSN service renamed Sony Entertainment Network

By Leeky
Feb 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Sony has announced that its PlayStation Network (PSN) service will be rebranded Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) on February 8 after a scheduled software and firmware update going out this week…

Read the whole story

2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Momma didn't raise no senner. I'm failing to see Sony's latest strategies catch any air with consumers, but I'm sure stock holders love hearing about them.

3. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 639   +127

The underlying strategy is simple. PSN got took down by Anonymous and everybody knows and remembers that. If they stop calling it PSN, people will forget and trust them again.

This plan, of course, relies on everybody else being stupid. how could it fail?

4. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Translation: PSN has a bad name because we ****ed up big time, to remedy this, we'll change the name and feign ignorance when it is compared to SEN, while hiding behind the facade of a ,"software and firmware update."

Did I get that right?

5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 927   +247

The PSN name is tarnished from the security breach.
    They don't have a choice.

6. You guys got it all wrong. SEN (or SNE) was mentioned well before the PSN attack. Which hasn't been performed by Anonymous anyway. It also makes sense to change name, because there are televisions with access to the PSN (for the movies). This step is bigger than how you describe it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.