Sony releases new PlayStation 3 firmware, brings mini games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Owners of the PlayStation 3 can now download the latest system update, version 3.15. The patch is optional to install, though some of the new features make it appealing.

One of the changes includes the introduction of mini games on the PS3, a small attempt by Sony to support casual gaming. These mini games were previously only available on mobile devices like the PSPgo. Anyone who already owns mini games will be able to transfer them to their PS3 via the instructions Sony has posted on the PlayStation blog.

In addition to the mini games, v3.15 brings the ability to transfer data between two PS3s via Ethernet. The update is small, but demonstrates Sony's continued efforts to improve the PS3 as a platform. While they still face some PR issues, Sony is competing well with Microsoft these days.

Permalink to story.

hello ...

already downloaded & the Trophy issue fixed ;) ...

i didn't have any other pb with it... now will have to check the minis & hope i'll never really need to use the DATA Transfer!

I hope some day the same type of LAN connection will allow MP over LAN like with PCs ;) ...

nice move as usual SONY ...

cheers!

Regarding the data transfer feature, I was going to use it and then I found out 2 interesting facts about it, 1) all data from the ps3 getting the data is deleted o.0 2) you actually have to hook both ps3's together with a ethernet wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back