Sony revamps VAIO P, adds accelerometer, touchpad, more

By Matthew
May 10, 2010
  1. Sony has followed up on its recent "New Ultra Mobile" teaser by announcing a refreshed VAIO P, just as tipsters previously indicated. The revamped VAIO P is powered by an Intel Atom Z540 and still features the GMA 500, 2GB of DDR2 RAM, a 64GB SSD, a webcam, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, WWAN, GPS, two USB ports, an 8-inch 1600x768 display, and Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,551   +595

LOL...I don't care if it has a virtual compass or not. I ain't paying $800 for what these offer.
  3. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Yeah I'm not really sure if the Atom fits an $800 price tag. But I suppose its battery life is a good one.
  4. Typical Sony - Overpriced.

I'll keep waiting for an Android tablet.
  5. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,159   +67

Where is the pre-order page? Not that I'm going to order right now, but I'm looking for what's included in the $800 price. This sounds to me like a pretty good deal. I think that Sony has addressed the limitations of the previous model quite well (mainly price and battery life). I've been interested in this form factor for a while, and kept an eye on the Fujitsu UH900, the UMID and the Viliv N5, but I think the P series is going to the top of my list. I noticed some more details are available elsewhere, and I'm going to pursue them.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.