Sony reveals which games will be optimized for the PlayStation 4 Pro on launch day

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Sony’s most powerful game console ever, the PlayStation 4 Pro, arrives one week from today. As an unprecedented mid-cycle refresh, the new console doesn’t really have launch titles in the traditional sense. Instead, early adopters will be able to choose from a batch of existing titles that have been optimized to showcase the console’s speedier hardware.

Fred Dutton, editorial and content senior manager for SIEE, on Thursday revealed the following list of games that’ll be optimized for the PS4 Pro come launch day:

• Battlefield 1
  • Battlezone
  • Bound
  • Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Dishonored 2
  • Driveclub VR
  • EA Sports FIFA 17
  • Firewatch
  • Helldivers
  • Hitman
  • Hustle Kings
  • inFAMOUS First Light
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Knack
  • Mafia III
  • Mantis Burn Racing
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • NBA 2K17
  • Neon Chrome
  • Paragon
  • PlayStation VR Worlds
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Rez Infinite
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League
  • Rise Of The Tomb Raider
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • Smite
  • Super Stardust Ultra
  • The Elders Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  • The Elders Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition
  • The Last Of Us Remastered
  • The Last Of Us: Left Behind
  • The Playroom VR
  • Thumper
  • Titanfall 2
  • Tumble
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  • Viking Squad
  • Wheels of Aurelia
  • World Of Tanks
  • XCOM 2

Dutton notes that some games will have updates to add Pro support while more recent titles like Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will have the necessary enhancements built into the core game.

More than 45 games including The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy XV, Watch Dogs 2 and Killing Floor 2 will be optimized for the PS4 Pro by the end of the year. Furthermore, titles like Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, For Honor and Nioh scheduled to arrive in early 2017 will also be supported from the get go.

The PlayStation 4 Pro launches on November 10 priced at $399. It’ll be the fastest console money can buy… at least, until Microsoft’s speedier Xbox (codenamed Project Scorpio) arrives late next year.

Permalink to story.

"It’ll be the fastest console money can buy".
And will still be like molasses compared to a proper gaming platform like a PC.

Speaking as someone with both...

Nobody who owns a console cares. Why do PC Master Race types keep bringing this up?

It's about what I expected.

I have no antagonisms towards this post, so I will leave it as a quote. Good day, sir.

Hmmm, Resident Evil Biohazard, I wonder if it will be called Biohazard Resident Evil in Japan?

Edit: I was honestly joking about this and decided to look it up and yep, that is the name in Japan.

Nobody who owns a console cares. Why do PC Master Race types keep bringing this up?

I have no antagonisms towards this post, so I will leave it as a quote. Good day, sir.

I couldn’t agree more davislane1. People buy consoles because they are plug and play and offer great graphics at a reasonable price. Not everyone wants to bother with drivers and other software issues related to their OS just to play a video game.

We get it already. PC's have and always will have better graphics but at $399 the PS4 Pro packs in a lot of hardware. For price to hardware the PS4 Pro is a bargain right now compared to a gaming PC with a decent GPU.

#1 I'm not happy with this console generation. XBOX360/PS3/Wii offered so many more games and so many more different types of games. Music games, Dance Games...

This generation is almost all shooters or RPG.

I bought a powerful computer (6950x, 32GM RAM, Titan X, ) to be able to play PC games and be futureproof for 4 years or so. STEAM offers far more choice.

#2 It feels really disingenuous to be offering "upgraded" consoles less than 3 years in. These aren't just "refreshes". These consoles offer the stuff we should have had from the beginning.

#1 I'm not happy with this console generation. XBOX360/PS3/Wii offered so many more games and so many more different types of games. Music games, Dance Games...

I bought a powerful computer (6950x, 32GM RAM, Titan X, ) to be able to play PC games and be futureproof for 4 years or so. STEAM offers far more choice.

#2 It feels really disingenuous to be offering "upgraded" consoles less than 3 years in. These aren't just "refreshes". These consoles offer the stuff we should have had from the beginning.
you have plenty of music games on the PS4 too and xbox one has some too. both consoles also have tons of indie games and a lot of free games too.

http://www.gamespot.com/genre/Music-Rhythm/ps4/

What at all does library size and scope have to do with system specs?

e-peen recognized.

A valid rhetorical point. However, had they offered these consoles 3 years ago both MS and Sony would have been behind the eight ball. Margin on consoles is not big enough to sell the updated hardware 3 years ago without doing so at a loss.

Going back to the first point...the problem is not, nor has it been, Sony or Microsoft's hardware divisions (save for Microsoft shooting itself in the foot and the face, then handing the gun to Sony for two to the back of the head at E3 2013). It is publishers and their reluctance to abandon cookie cutter game design to protect graphics-driven ROI.

I couldn’t agree more davislane1. People buy consoles because they are plug and play and offer great graphics at a reasonable price. Not everyone wants to bother with drivers and other software issues related to their OS just to play a video game.

We get it already. PC's have and always will have better graphics but at $399 the PS4 Pro packs in a lot of hardware. For price to hardware the PS4 Pro is a bargain right now compared to a gaming PC with a decent GPU.

-You can give a 10 yearold any console and they should be able to play it without breaking anything. I would not let a 10yr touch my pc.
- gamer eyesight. 720p 50" tv's are still being sold to this day. Some people just don't see the detail, so why be worried about graphics as much.
- 30-60 fps is fine for most people, until they train their eyes with 100+, they don't know what they're missing.
- if internals to the system fail, worst case scenario, you're buying a new console. You could be up and running in less than an hour. PC is a lot different, unless technically inclined and have a spare or a local store has in stock.

Last edited:
-You can give a 10 yearold any console and they should be able to play it without breaking anything. I would not let a 10yr touch my pc.
- gamer eyesight. 720p 50" tv's are still being sold to this day. Some people just don't see the detail on pc, so why be worried about graphics as much.
- 30-60 fps is fine for most people, until they train their eyes with 100+, they don't know what they're missing.
- if internals to the system fail, worst case scenario, you're buying a new console. You could be up and running in less than an hour. PC is a lot different, unless technically inclined and have a spare or a local store has in stock.

I easily see Frame Per Second differences - especially between 30 and 120Hz.

4K, however, doesn't make a difference to me as much as TV size. I have a 50" Vizio 4k in my bedroom and an 80" Vizio 1080p in my living room. We all gather on the couch for Football and Basketball. No one can tell the difference between 4K and 1080p at sitting distance. My FIOS box upconverts 720p to 1080i. The consoles output at 1080p or 4K resolutions, but beyond that, it's a gimmick.

The human eye has finite resolution, but not all eyes are the same. Some people have poor vision, nearsightedness, farsightedness...

I am happy, just having a bigger display that looks clear (to me).

I also have both but still quite often use PC to play my ps4 via remote connection when Mrs takes over TV like PC gaming but most friends are on ps4 compared to PC which I think is the deciding factor. But agreed consoles are more powerful and update/refresh are very close they should be making PS/xb upgradeable for future use or just please bring cross platform play for xb/PS/PC.
Already owning a ps4 I have no reason to even think about replacing for a ps4.5 for a marginal performance increase although a quieter ps4 would be welcomed.

they should be making PS/xb upgradeable for future use or just please bring cross platform play for xb/PS/PC.

I totally understand it if cross-platform play isn't achievable.

I totally understand it if memory and video aren't upgradeable.

HOWEVER, Hard Drive Size should always be user upgradeable. I should have been able to pop a 4TB Hard Drive into Xbox One just as I should be able to use portable HDD on PS4. USB is there for a reason.

My other issue is that this game generation isn't exciting. It's nothing but FPS and 3rd PS/ RPG.

The Last console era may have been the best ever between XBox360/PS3 and Wii offering so much variety, we were completely overwhelmed by new ideas.

This gen: Virtual Reality? *yawn*.

And then: your purchased console isn't enough to get the most out of it so you'll either have to rebuy your console or wait till next generation.

The VR games will most likely be 90% or greater First Person Shooters. VR doesn't make much sense in the 3rd person. I played Valkyrie on PS4:VR. A FPS similar to Colony Wars.

While I like the idea of VR in FPS and aviation simulators, the costs, right now, are too high to justify the small libraries.

And even then, it killed my sinuses for the next few hours after just 5 minutes of play.

I easily see Frame Per Second differences - especially between 30 and 120Hz.

4K, however, doesn't make a difference to me as much as TV size. I have a 50" Vizio 4k in my bedroom and an 80" Vizio 1080p in my living room. We all gather on the couch for Football and Basketball. No one can tell the difference between 4K and 1080p at sitting distance. My FIOS box upconverts 720p to 1080i. The consoles output at 1080p or 4K resolutions, but beyond that, it's a gimmick.

The human eye has finite resolution, but not all eyes are the same. Some people have poor vision, nearsightedness, farsightedness...

I am happy, just having a bigger display that looks clear (to me).
to see the difference you need something better than 1080i. even 1080p doesn't help much. you should start seeing a difference once you pass 1440p. (less jagged lines and other upscaling artifacts, more details, less blur, less washed out colors, etc)
this is the reason why Sony pushed for a cheaper console that can do 2x 1080p together with the "newish" checkerboard upscaling technique. (cheaper in comparison to what MS wants to do)

Last edited:
Back