TechSpot

Sony reveals Xperia Z1 smartphone, Cyber-shot QX10 and QX100 camera accessories

By Scorpus
Sep 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Two of Sony's hotly anticipated devices have been announced at IFA 2013 in Berlin: the Xperia Z1 flagship Android smartphone, and the Cyber-shot CX10 and CX100 camera accessories. Both products up the ante in the mobile photography arena, and will...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,982   +909

That smartphone lens is interesting but I cannot see anyone using it.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,087   +747

I wish I understood the article. "Exmor RS" sensor and "Bionz" image processing engine. "G Lens"... What the hell kind English is that? I'll have to assume that if I buy this phone (if that's what it's supposed to be), I'll be guaranteed a cameraman's job for the next Hollywood blockbuster.

4. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 531   +146

...Are they almost copying Blackberry's naming convention? Like seriously, Z1 (almost Z10) and QX10 (almost Q10)?

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,469   +622

Lens - the glass bit where light travels though. Sensor - the thing that gets hit by light, making it into digital data. Engine - convert the output of sensor to something user friendly.

Also, Xperia Z was the latest name for their last phone.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.