TechSpot

Sony rolling out PlayStation 4 kiosks at select retailers nationwide

By Shawn Knight
Oct 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The PlayStation 4 is set to launch in North America in less than a month but in the event you simply can’t wait that long, Sony has you covered. As of this week, the company is rolling out PS4 demo...

Read more

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Great marketing idea. You know there are going to be lines 20 people deep to play this.

3. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 734   +230

Little kids, maybe. This is the problem with every serious game now also being R-rated - you can't put any AAA titles out for people to demo. The industry really, and I mean *REALLY* needs to start making "teen-friendly" games again with the violence dialed down a little and language, nudity and other graphic elements heavily scrubbed. Games like this used to be the rule, now their almost extinct.

4. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

Every time I see one of these it reminds me of playing Mortal Kombat on an SNES in Circuit City as a kid. Going to Circuit City was like Christmas morning. @_@

avoidz likes this.
  5. With the decline of Nintendo, this has become the norm.

6. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

With the average gamer age now being in their 30s. it's unlikely. The game studios want those mature gamer bucks.

7. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

lol, reminds me of the NES kiosks back in the day. Always someone else hogging it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.