Sony Vaio bluescreen of death and error code

I have a vgn-cr220E sony vaio with windows vista home premium and my computer randomly shuts down and gives me a blue screen of death saying that it is doing a dump. I am not very computer savy, but i did manage to pull off some information about the type of error and find the dump file but i dont know how to run it or what the errors mean:

BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 822EB31A
BCP3: D526756C
BCP4: 00000000

Service pack 1_0
Product 768_1

Please help me, i am on deployment an need my computer to talk to my family.

Thanks

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Here are the last few dump files sorry didnt know to post them the first time. Thanks again for the help.

Attachments

• Mini110810-02.zip
    73.3 KB · Views: 8
Absolutely no need to be sorry. :)

Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

No I dont know how to get into the bios, but now my problem seems to be getting worse and I have new errors ill attach the new dump file

Attachments

• Mini111010-01.dmp
    135 KB · Views: 1
Find the make of your harddrive. Go to the manufacture's website and find their free harddrive diagnostic utility. Download to your desktop and burn to a CD.

Place in your DVD drive and reboot. The test should engage a few seconds after boot-up much like metest. Run both short and long tests.

Blue scrren sony vaio vgn-cr220e

Hello, I'm also having the same problem.

Could you help me?
I'm attaching 2 minidump files that I found in my computer.

Please help me
Thank you so much

Attachments

• Mini012908-01.dmp
    135 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini060508-01.dmp
    143 KB · Views: 1
Back