Sony Vaio boot up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

striderx240

I'm running a sony vaio model pcg-384l on windows vista premium and whenever i boot up the computer, it says window error recovery and give me options to run safe mode etc. When i select "run windows normally" it it just stays stuck at the windowns loading bar. When i select "run safe mode" it starts to load files, but then just stays stuck while loading the files. Does anyone know whats wrong with my laptop? Thanks for reading my post.

it sounds like it can be a hardware problem. What was the last thing that happened. You can start by running memtest

It happened awhile back, I don't remember, but i think its either the HDD or OS problem but im unsure, I ran the memtest, but nothing came up. Any ideas?

i ran the dft test and its says " Problem detected on a non Hitachi disk drive. Please contact your HDD supplier for additional support. Disposition code = 0x70" Does anyone know what this means? Is my HDD broken?

if you have a xp cd put it in and click on r to enter the recovery console when you enter run chkdsk /r when it is done reboot the computer. If you have trouble getting into the recovery console let me know if it ask you for a password leave it blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back