Sony Vaio power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a old pc sony vaio model pcv-1154 that the power supply is bad
and i can't find it. model:dps-400lbb, if some one tell me another one to use
insted of it.I saw in this forum that some recomended ss-350es but it has 24 pins
can some one help me.

A 24 pin power supply, most just have 2 pins on either a barrel connector or jack socket type plug..

do a search on ebay for your model of laptop just put in sony vaio and you will get hunderds of hits for PSU;s

model:dps-400lbb is for the Sony Vaio Desktop computer and it has 20 pins. Several issues with the particluar power supply. internally there's nothing special about it except it's odd dimensions, it's 140 mm (5.5 inches) by 160 mm (6 inches). A regular ATX power supply is the reverse, 160 mm by 140 mm or more. If you get a standard ATX power supply. It's too
wide. You're going to hit the graphics card.

Another problem lays with the bolts stick out of its housing. There's a latch to lock the bolts in to place.

If you don't know what you're doing, don't do this. You'll probably get shocked or ruin a brand new power supply. I'm just thinking out loud for possible solutions. I guess you could gut out a new power supply and just exchange the housing, but there's only one problem. Delta Electronics do not make these power supply any more. So, finding a perfect fit is rather difficult. If, you can find these rare power supplies it ranges any where between $130 to over $300 for the same or comparable part. You're going to spend that kind of money for a weak 264.7 watts. Are they crazy?

Well, if you know what you're doing? Remove the fan inside the power supply and savage the fan. You can open the power supply by removing the standard 4 screws and wedging a flathead screw driver at these small opening and turn. work slowly and evenly around the case. Once you get it loose, side it out gently. Be careful not to crimp or tear out any wires.
Oh back to the fan? If you remove the top of the case there's an identical fan cooling the chambers for the CPU.

I don't know? I think you're better off purchasing a full tower that takes a standard ATX power supply, add a heat sink and fan. You might give up some neat feature such as the cooling system for the CPU and some plugs-ins in the front of the case, but in the long run, repairs would be much simplier, parts would be readily available and probably much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back