Sony Vaio USB problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. My USB won't open. My laptop doesn't read it. I;ve tried to use it with another computer but its the same. I can't get my files. What should I do?

This is an entire area of specilization. You might want to do a gurgle search for help.
Rescue of USB flash drive files is not for the weak of heart.

There are so many causes. Failure could result from something as simple as pulling out a flash drive too early while it is still recording or downloading files, or it could be damage to the hardware around the USB plug.

Rescue is rare, so if the data is critical, get the help of an expert... Most repairs require the destruction of existing data on the flash drive. So do not do anything more until you do some research. Some brands, such as SanDisk and no-name units are particularly susceptible.
While other brands will rescue the data if you mail them the drive.

Some companies specialize in rescue of the data, but they usually remove the memory element, which means they destroy the drive in order to save the data.

Some of those people skilled in repairing USB flash drives have done amazing things. They know things I do not know about such problems...
But we have hand hundreds of them come into our shops. The problem is common. The fix is usually expensive.
The ones we have seen repaired to a working state did lose the data.
But we would be very surprised if any techs here at TechSpot can give you much help online... but of course I could be wrong.
We send our client units, which are usually business people or sales agent, to an outfit in Ottawa. They are repaired and rescued, but even I could not afford that cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back