Sony Vaio VGN-FE890

By sokhang
Jan 19, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering if my laptop can handle games such as cod4, Left for Dead 2, Aion online ETC...

Intel core duo

1.83GHz

System Ram: 2GB (Can be upgraded)

Hard Drive: 160GB (Can be upgraded)

Window 7 Vista home premium

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

Please tell me if my laptop can handle these games and any upgrade i need and thanks for your reply...^^
  2. sokhang

sokhang Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

any help o.O??
  3. vectorsigma32

vectorsigma32 Newcomer, in training Posts: 156

lol u realy should game with a laptop there not built for it XD
  4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,034   +70

It is ok for basic / low detailed gaming experience. Not sure it will give any playable FPS for the games mentioned here.
  5. sokhang

lol i cant afford a gaming desktop or a gaming laptop sooo trying to get w/e works for my sony vaio =/
  6. sokhang

So its impossible for me to play these game even with upgrades?
  7. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Short answer is that it can be done with the proper upgrades, but you will not get perfect high speed performance.
  8. sokhang

with upgrade and overclock? but very risky
  9. sokhang

what upgrades do i need and if i overclock would it high a higher performance?
  10. sokhang

anyone no?
  11. Archean

I guess he was talking about upgrading your 3d card, however keeping in view that its an notebook; they won't be much cheaper anyway.

12. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

I could see Left 4 Dead 2 running the best on that. I really doubt Aion would run well for ya if at all, and CoD4 possibly. But as stated above you can upgrade a laptop but it can be costly, mind you I didn't look anything up regarding yours.

You're best bet imo is trying to save up a little here and there to get a desktop that runs games decently. That can easily be done within $500-600 dollar budget.
  13. Archean

Thats very good piece of advice; I would add one bit to this one, and that is to add a decent graphics card e.g. Radeon 4850/5750 i think they both can be found around 100$ or slightly more.
  14. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Good point, especially if he saves up over the next few months he might see a drop in some of those cards.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.