TechSpot

Sony will sell the Xperia Tablet Z in the US starting at $499

By Shawn Knight
Feb 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Last month Sony unveiled their latest flagship tablet, known as the Xperia Tablet Z. The slate was scheduled to launch in Japan this spring in black and white but up until now, no plans were announced to bring the device...

Read more
  2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 889   +171

No front facing camera? That is strange. Anyways, looks promising but would be better if priced at 399.
  3. I can make out a small circle at the top in that picture, which I would assume to be the front facing camera.
  4. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 TS Rookie Posts: 72

I'm 99% certain there's a front camera.
    Anyway, the only thing that bothers me is their aim to make it so thin has hampered battery life. That battery isn't tiny but I can imagine a 1080 screen sucking a lot of power.
  5. ArthurZ

ArthurZ TS Rookie Posts: 79

It has a great front facing camera. And looks like it is a fantastic tablet overall! Besides, the [rear?] camera has a mode detection - e.g. portrait, landscape mode, etc.
    Also see how it suvives a submersion: http://goo.gl/Y3NhZ
  6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,658   +82

Pricey on this one. I have all SONY here except for their tablets. Toshiba Thrive Tegra2 Dual Core, 1GB of RAM, 16GB IS (internal storage) 32GB ES (external storage) was $399 each I did get two of them those two are use more and after been updated with ICS 4.0.4 from Toshiba.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.