TechSpot

Sony's next lens camera system will let you swap lenses

By Shawn Knight
Sep 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Sony's QX10 and QX100 lens camera systems offer its users the best of both worlds: high-quality digital images with the flexibility of a smartphone. The only problem is that they aren't exactly cheap and they're proprietary meaning they can't be used...

Read more

2. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 251   +73

400 Bucks for a barebones adapter and grip?200 for a lens? makes no sense.

3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,549   +852

That gets to a point where if you're already carrying around something that size, might as well carry something a little bigger a round, like an actual DSLR.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

At those prices they must be tripping. It would be cheaper to hire a TV crew to follow you around.

ikesmasher likes this.
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,387   +105

That's SONY for yeah! Too much money, how long with the shutter last on that DLR before you have to replace it or just get a new DLR. I have there Cybershot nice camera good 16x optical zoom with long lens chamber that pops out. Although my Olympus is 15x SLR heavier uses 4x AA rechargeable batteries or standard. SONY have to get lit-on battery pack .

6. Mark Alchem

Mark Alchem TS Rookie

So we have a Sony Smartphone, a Barebone Adapter with Grip and a Lens. Is that lens a Minolta lens? If that is, then it's like we have a replacement for DSLRs? I'd rather use a DSLR than that one. Things like that won't last.

7. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

I have to agree. Smartphones tend to be changed between 18 and 24 months.