SOPA: US backers end support for anti-piracy bill

It seems to me they may try to keep it on the dl until February when it comes up again and hope that people aren't watching like they were the first time.

I don't know Ranger, it could get worse for them... Not much was known about it publicly in December when they were trying to rush it through before the holiday recess, but Reddit became real active over a couple days and got it delayed. Then this time Reddit's involvement and a lot of other sites got much bigger, I'm actually hearing anti SOPA/PIPA ads on the radio now, thats pretty incredible.

It does seem like a stretch to hold the public's intrest for another month, but it could happen.

Also, seeing as its election year I would think Barack Obama would veto it if it got that far. Seeing how many people dislike it, it would be a nice lil boost to his re-election chances perhaps?
Whereas if he signed it into law people could look back in Nobember and say "he supported SOPA" and I don't see any of the Republican candidates supporting SOPA.

Back