Sound and video problems -- weird sound and lag at random moments

I have this problem. I just bought a new computer. Dell XPS8300. Sometimes it'll lag really bad for 2 - 4 seconds and during that period, the sound will sound really bad and "pixelated".

/watch?v=1jaz44vf8ho

(add this to the back of the url of youtube.)

You can hear what it sounds like on the youtube video. It's about 2 to 3 times worse normally. Does anybody knows what's going on? Thanks!

I'm having this same exact problem. Does anyone have any clue what it could atleast be related to? Dell wanted me to restore my hard drive to factory settings but 1. I don't feel that would help and 2. I have nothing to back up all my stuff. I'm using an XPS 435T/9000 with an ATI HD Radeon 5880 video card and whatever the generic sound card is that comes with it. If there's any solution that doesn't involve me having to go out and spent more money on an external or something it'd be greatly appreciated.

the video dosn't even load anything for me, it goes for 6 seconds but there is no video or sound?

There's no video, just the sound... I don't wanna restore too, but if that's the only way then nothing I can do too... Anyone able to help?

I can't even restore. My restore only goes back to 2 days ago. I have no idea why because I've made restores in the past and I don't know how to even delete them so I'm not sure what that's about

My restore should be working fine I hope. We need help! If you guys need more information just ask! Thanks in advance!

Echo312, you are hijacking suehtomit's thread. Trying to answer two different posters in a single thread is confusing at best.

We're having the SAME issue. I can hardly see how that's considering "hijacking" and not simply providing additional information.

Back