Sound Blaster 5.1 vx, Sound Card, Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX

rishiforever88

I recently bought a sound blaster 5.1 VX...................while the computer tries to install the drivers for it the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH appears....................I checked for some posts n replies but no clues.................i downloaded the latest drivers compatible with windows 7 (which I use) the same problem comes again...................plz do reply.

System Config: Windows 7
2 gb Ram
Core 2 Duo

It might be a conflict with your onboard sound (if you have some)?

I know this can happen because i have a Sound blaster 5.1 myself, and it likes to throw a BSOD now and again with my onboard Realtek audio.

Very thanx for the help now thr BSOD is not appearing again..........but now the ding sound is there like DDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG.............wod to do with dat the software itself is not completing it says some sort of isseus coming n check the I- 100 in support

I can't understand your post pal :D

What software are you talking about...Your Sound blaster software?

ya dude the software means the contents of the disc provided with the sound card........................in any case I M getting the sound now clean n clear from all the speakers............but that software was not installed completely as i said before

I'm guessing the disc doesn't have full Windows 7 support, i'm guessing that because my Sound blaster 5.1 doesn't have full support either. The drivers for my card do work ok but the software won't install...This is what's probably happening to you.

I have to download my software from the Creative website. It only takes 2 seconds so it's ok.

Creative Download Page for Sound blaster 5.1 vx

well now i can get the sound out from 4 surround speakers but the centre is off and the centre signal is going to the woofer............wod's the problem with that

Hmm..Sound strange to me.

Well, obviously make sure the jacks are in the right slots (i think the center/sub goes into the orange socket)

This sounds more like it could lie in the software though. If you have a tinker round with the creative speaker settings ...That's probably where the answer will be.

my creative speaker settings aint working as I told you the CD came with the sound card is unable to install on windows 7. If you have knowledge of any other software, plz temme....!!!

You can download a Windows 7 version of the Creative software in the download link i gave in post #6...There is no better sound blaster software than Creative.

Back