TechSpot

Sound Control Opening With Heavy Delay

By joshieboy
Aug 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey everyone,

So I am using Windows 7 and I have been trying to open my Sound options under my Control Panel to no avail.

When I click on the "Sound" text, my Control Panel box slightly fades as if a window is going to open but no such window ever does. 5-10 minutes later, the sound controls will finally pop up. It is experiencing some kind of heavy delay.

I have been told it may be a driver issue but my drivers are relatively new (3-4 weeks old).

Let me know if you guys have any solutions.

Thanks.

2. sentrycube

sentrycube TS Member Posts: 20

Hmm, could be a bug with the new drivers.

Try un-installing all audio devices and then re-install.

3. Michael R. Wolf

Michael R. Wolf TS Rookie

I think sound card settings should be open easily by control panel if it is not than there is problem with your system's driver. re-install it.

4. joshieboy

joshieboy TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 60

Alright one thing, I don't have sound card. Should I re-install the drivers for my motherboard? I find that when I am not running anything with sound, I can open it instantly but when I attempt to do so when I have something playing sound (even if the sound isn't on) it will have a delay.

5. stonarda

stonarda TS Enthusiast Posts: 180   +17

You will have a sound chip integrated into your motherboard, just continue as though you have a sound card and follow the mentioned steps...

6. joshieboy

joshieboy TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 60

Worked. Thanks guys.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.