Sound from headset but not laptop speakers

By Meena
Feb 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

Just few days ago I upgraded my laptop from windows vista to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. Everything works fine except audio. When I plugged the headphone it sounds, but without headphones I cannot hear any sound from my laptop.I followed these steps:
    List any Problem devices
    • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    and my problem devices are listed out.
    Base System DevicePCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_01F31028&REV_12\4&20402523&0&0BF0 THE DRIVERS FOR THIS DEVICE NOT INSTALLED.

please help me. Thanks in advance.
  2. Dat1Gamer

Dat1Gamer TechSpot Booster Posts: 135

Well im guessing outdated drivers that dont work with W7 and Also just a tip Please don't steal topics!
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,090   +724

Post this as a separate topic please :D.
  4. Dat1Gamer

Dat1Gamer TechSpot Booster Posts: 135

Lol! just said the same thing!
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,090   +724

I was writing my post as you posted haha
    Dat1Gamer likes this.
  6. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,278   +152

Meena
    Yes, you should be starting your own topic for a problem. But since I'm going out of town in about 36 hours, I won't wait for a repost but will try answering you here.

1. The device you reported has nothing to do with your audio. It looks like it's a Ricoh Memory Stick controller missing its driver

2. Open device manager, under the Sound category right click your sound card->Properties->Driver tab. If it lists the Driver Provider as Microsoft, you';re running with the Win 7 generic audio driver. Go to the computer or motherboard mfr web site and find the hardware specific audio driver for your machine
  7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,276   +177

Moving thread.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.