Sound is gone

By VCVC
Nov 12, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. hi everybody. A while ago I deleted my soundcard by accident. I was wondering how to get it back now, can somebody help me please?
  2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

Deleted it from where? All you should need to do is re-install the driver although Windows should have tried to do that the next time you booted the machine and it found the hardware.
  3. VCVC

VCVC Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I deleted it from my computer, I rebooted the computer already a couple of times and the sound is still gone. I also tried to re-install the driver, but I don't know which one it is ( I only know it's a realtek audio driver), and each time i search for a driver, i download something which appears to be a driver searcher, than it tells me that I don't have a realtek audio driver and it says that I can download it, when I click on download, it says that i have to register myself and pay 30 euros. ( ps i'm from belgium so im sorry if my english isn't that good haha . )
  4. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

That is extreme for the sake of a sound card driver issue?!?

@VCVC

Please supply us with the following information:

1. Laptop or PC?
    2. Manufacturer of your computer?
    3. Model of your computer?
    4. TAG ID (if its a Dell)
    5. Your operating system, and whether its 32/64 bit.

We can then help you find the driver.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.