Sound, network adapter and USB port drivers corrupted

By ctek
Apr 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. HI all,

As the title suggest, half of my laptop driver are corrupted (network, USB, and sound). I had installed a program called 'motion joy' and play with the software... right after i reboot my laptop, the sound icon and the network icon on the system tray are crossed out. I can see yellow exclamation mark on the drivers icons on device manager.

I made an attempt to roll back those corrupted drivers but nothing happen. Even when i try to update it, it says i had the latest driver. ;( I tried to uninstall the driver but the those driver files at 'system32/driver' are still there. I even tried to run driver CD that comes along with my laptop, and when I run the installer, it states that all the drivers are install.

so bascially now my laptop boot, run program BUT can't access internet , all USB ports are unavailable,and no sound at all. Please help ;(
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,361   +167

Try doing a System Restore to a point prior to the problem. You didn't indicate your OS. I gave a link to windows 7. just google it if you're running a different version of Windows

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.