Sound not working..

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok..heres one no-one will be able to solve...

i have no sound..its not the drivers and everything checks out in the Device Manager..i have tryed everything i can think of..aside from reinstalling windows..dont really want to do that..
new abit board
nvidea 6600gt
2700 amd xp
windows xp
1.5 gig ram

i installed xp on a spare drive and sound works on that..also had issues with the crossbar form winfast tv card ..now solved..?

cheers nightman..

go to

Go to control panel>sounds and audio>sounds--be sure volumes are up, speaker config is correct, and nothing is "muted." Otherwise, use the xp that works?! Onboard audio? Sound card? Speakers? Multimedia keyboard? Need input.:monkey:

i dont want to use another windows...

Also forgot to add..in Sounds And Audio Properties ..everything is greyed out, ! no adjustments can be made ..
Cheers Nightman..

P.S. i really dont want to just use another instalation of windows..this one is great aside form the sound..

Sounds like you got a compatibility issue. So far, I don't anyone will be able to solve it coz your information seems pretty vague. I can't really think of a solution for your card, but why don't you use PartitionMagic and copy the drive that works with the sound card, and then paste it on the drive that doesn't work. Shouldn't that solve the problem? However, it would be faster to re-install Windows which is what I think you should do.

more info

I agree with 133t_Tek- we need more info. Is it onboard sound? The only possibility I can think of would be to uninstall the audio in the version that works, then install it in the other version. That may be why everything is greyed out in the non-functional one. Otherwise, I dunno. :confused:

vague..hmm..ok..

thanks guys ..the copy of one system with sound working onto this defunct one sounds interesting ..but i dont trust partition magic that much..its onboard sound..sorry should have told you that..but i think the problem goes deeper then devices..mabey registry...any ideas..anything else you want to know..?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling your sound drivers. If you haven`t already.

If that doesn`t work. Maybe doing a Windows repair might.

Instructions for the repair can be found HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back