TechSpot

Sound problem: I have none

By BluXDragon
Sep 21, 2008
  1. Firstly - sure as hell hope I have this in the right place.

Well on to the point, I have no sound as you've probably guessed. Got my speakers on full volume with music playing right now and there ain't a sound coming from it except a faint, well forgot the word, but you probably know what I'm talking about.

So, I've got my sound working perfectly, I turn off my music and go AFK for a while. I come back, turn on my music and nothing's coming out. I check that everything's plugged in, it's all good. I go into control panel and open "Sounds and Audio Devices" and check a few thing's out there. Nothing suspicious. So, out of ideas, I reset my computer. Still nothing. It's been about 30 minutes and I'm already really "pee'd" off about it.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

PS. I bet this is really easily fixed, and I personally have no idea. Either that or it can't be fixed. My computer is stuffed enough as it is.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Restart
    Also check to see you haven't muted the volume

If that doesn't work, replace the faulty speakers

3. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

I can give you complete instructions on how to fix your Commodore 64 when you confirm it IS a Commodore 64.

If it is. Since YOU DID NOT SAY!!

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hmm. Another way of saying that.

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Please click on Yes in your Profile To this question:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.