Sound problem/IDT high definition

• Hi, after a restart of my laptop (Dell Inspiron) the audio wasn't working, I hovered in the tool bar and the sound was with a red X meaning problematic, I clicked it and the window started searching for the problem which was IDT High Definition Audio Codec, I continued by clicking the windows to solve it, but it didn't and the problem remained.
  • In the msinfo32-->Componets-->Problem Devices it says IDT High Definition Audio Codec error code 39, I don't know what that means, I downloaded a new driver but it was a rar file, I extract it and they were some componets similar to IDT but I don't know what to do, I clicked the setup but it didn't do anything or any other applicaton in that folder.
  • Please a little help as I can't seem to find any solution, neither restarting solves the problem neither pressing again and again for windows to automatic solve the problem, tech specs are windows 7 ultimate 32b and laptop Dell Inspiron.

Ok I have posted a pic of the device manager for you, to take a better look and three things are in the Sound,video tab 1)AMD High Def Audio Device 2)Bluetooth Hands-free Audio and 3) IDT High Def Audio Codec with a yellow exclamation mark, anything else?

Attachments

• Device manager.jpg
    Device manager.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10
Alright. Start off with making a system restore just in case something goes wrong. Then uninstall the IDT driver by right clicking on the object in device manager and clicking properties. Press uninstall then reboot. Tell me if this fixes the issue.

Nope I made the restore point thnx for the link I didn't know and unistall the IDT drivers and still after the restart when windows tried automatically to install "what was missing" the same pop up appeared (pic below) the thing is that there is no more info on What is wrong so that I may fix it. I'm afraid that it may not be a software problem and more of a hardware like a possible burnout.driver failed.jpg

Option 1: Can you search in add or remove programs "audio" and "player", and post screenshots of the add or remove programs window. I wanna see if you have any video players or audio codecs installed.

Option 2: Another option is uninstalling the AMD driver and reinstalling it. The IDT codec may be part of it.What display adapter do you have? I will provide you with an uninstaller that will remove the AMD audio driver, but it will also remove the display adapter so I need to know what your display adapter is.

In Option 1 you mean Control panel-->Programs-->Unistall and a screenshot of all programs? (there is an IDT Audio v.1.0.5902 otherwise can you be more specific as I don't know what you mean, sorry my default language is mine not english so searching means translating a little bit

In Option 2 where can I see the display adapter? so that I can tell you.

Edit: I changed the language for windows to english as I have ultimate

Option 1: Yes, Uninstall is correct :).

Option 2: In the device manager, it is toward the top under disk drives.

control panel.jpg control panel.jpg control 2.jpg control 3.jpg control 5.jpg For Option 1 the pics are many, if you need more tell me, I think in the pictures are the most important, also going in sleep mode:D as it's 2 in the morning here...ohh make it 3... sore eyes. thanks for the help so far mate.

Follow these steps that I found on a Notebookreview forum. I wanted to tell you this before but forgot the exact wording:

[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]1. Click on the Start button.[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]2. Right click on Computer and click on Manage.[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]3. In the left hand navigation pane click on "Device Manager".[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]4. In the right hand pane, expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" entry by clicking on the "+" button next to it or by double clicking on it.[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]5. Right click on "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" and click on Uninstall.[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]6. Check "Delete the driver software for this device" in the dialog that appears and click on OK.[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]7. Restart and Windows will re-install the inbox High Definition Audio driver.[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]^Source: Notebookreview[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]If the above directions dont work, can you tell me your exact Dell model.[/FONT]

Alistairhanson, perhaps you can PM (send by "conversation") the Dell service tag number to JC713 so he can see for himself what is available. It might speed things up. I don't recommend posting it in this public part of the forum.

Thnx mailpup, ok I did your steps uninstall them but after the reboot I didn't see the windows automatically install anything, so I clicked device manager-->sound & video-->IDT (double click) and then update, every driver update I do ends with a succesfully installation, this time I got this pop up? the worst thing is that this happened late friday in the afternoon so I can't call dell for support until weekend has passed and even then I don't know if my laptop is in the warranty in case of a hardware problem with my sound card:'( and I need my laptop for my work also. also as mailpup said how can I "pm" you my service tag? tab idt.jpgidt drivers.jpg

also as mailpup said how can I "pm" you my service tag?
Click on JC713's name or avatar to the left of any of his posts. Find "Start a conversation" and click on it. You can figure out the rest, I think.

SOLVED!!:) thanx JC so far, since you told me how to uninstall the IDT drivers(y) I tried to install them manually and I managed that after a while by downloading the original drivers again from dell, first time the drivers had a succesfull installation and a reboot, voila, sound fixed. Thanks again, probably it needed a manual unintall/clean install of the audio drivers.
*Now how can I close this thread as I'm ok*

Back