Sound Problem with Logitech Z4 Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuartA2

I have Logitech Z4 speakers that are configured using SoundMax software. The problem is my son pulled out the jack (which is green) and when I put it back in the green socket on the computer the SoundMAx software kicks in asking what i connected, but it doesnt have the option of what I have (2 speakers and a woofer) 2:1 I believe.

The only options it offers are: 5:1, 7:1, Quad Speakers, Stereo speakers or stereo headphones.

I plugged it into the green jack and selected 5:1 but get feedback through the woofer. If I put it in the orange socket, I get sound out of only one speaker.

I have tried various other configs but either get no sound out of the front speakers, the feedback or am back to square one.

If someone could help me with this problem, to get sound using the whole speaker set up it would be much appreciated.

As a note, the front speakers plug into the woofer using phono jacks and the woofer has the lead/jack plug for the computer.

Many thanks,

Stuart

As far as I know windows doesn't offer 2:1 speaker set-up, even though it's a popular choice. I use normal stereo set-up.

Thanks TC, I set it up the same (Stereo set-up and green socket) and it now plays out of both the front speakers, but the Woofer is not making a peep (whereas it was before)!

Still, one step better than having sound out of only one speakers.. so many thanks.

If anyone has a notion of how to include sound out of the woofer as well, that would be great.

Stuart

Just rebooted.. now Im getting bad feedback through the speakers if I turn the volume up anything past a quarter of the way (through the speaker volume control, not the computers). Bass has to be set to almost zero as well!

Help!

Stuart

looks like you have a damaged cable.if that cable is a detachable
plug from end to end (at the back of your sub to your computer),
then you may buy another set & replace them.

I dont thinks it the cable as I contacted Logitech and they said to try them out on a CD player (standalone) which I did.. and no feedback.

Further to the logitech reply, they reckon if they play okay its not the speakers but a problem with the soundcard st up, but my sound is intergrated into the motherboard (I think).. so Im still at a loss as to what is causing the feedback when they are connected to the computer!

Stuart

then you may try un-installing & re-intalling the sound driver.

try the one that comes with the motherboard CD.
after re-installing,re-check the sound/speaker configuration.
if you cant find the 2.1 settings then you can try the other
audio outputs.

if the feedback didnt go,try updating the driver.

Hi Turbo1,

thanks for advice.. is there a workaround having to use the motherboard CD? I ask as now I bloody want it I cant find it!

Tried updating the drivers previously (via the device manager) and it says that it cant find a better one!

Cheers,

Stuart

the device manager is no way to update drivers if u do not have the CD that came with the MB, as it (device manager) only goes to Microsoft for the drivers unless u furnish a cd to install off of. u have to go to the site of the MB otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back