Sound problem

By noki96
Apr 10, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Guys.
    Im new here and am certainly not an expert on pcs but have a problem with the sound on my computer and am hoping to get some help or advice with it.

I guess il start with the symptoms.
    - Sometimes when i start up the computer that microsoft intro jingle can be heard but then when i go to say play itunes there is absolute silence even though a song is playing. ?? when i restart it is ok.
    - Sometimes the sound on itunes is fine but i am playing a game on my computer and theres no sound at all from that. ?? dont know why.
    - I play games alot on the pc and like to have itunes playing in the background. now and then there is a volume spike on the game that lasts maybe a second or two.

Anybody that can give me an idea as to what is going on or do i have some kind of virus on my computer? :confused: I use NOD32 and it does a good job. really appreciate the help thanks.
  2. turbo1

turbo1 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 360

try to un-install then re-install your sound driver.

if that didnt work,please download & install your latest sound driver.
  3. noki96

noki96 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

re: Turbo 1 reply

Thanks for that Turbo1. will try that and let you know how i get on.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.