TechSpot

Sound Problems!!!

By easychoo
Dec 30, 2004
  1. HI,
    I recently updated my sound drivers and after i restarted my PC i lost almost all sound.Now i can only hear sound when a play an mp3 with windows media player.There are no windows sounds(e.g. startup sounds etc.), i cant hear anything on internet sites or when i play games and when i run the test on "dxdiag" there is no sounds there either.
    I am using a C-Media sound card im not sure if its an on-board sound card or if its separate.Can anyone help me please?? Thanks.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried rolling back to the previous drivers?

Regards Howard

:wave: :wave:

3. easychoo

easychoo TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes i tried to roll back the driver but that has not worked. :(

4. SiNz

SiNz TS Rookie Posts: 21

Hmmm.....

If you haven't already, try double checking the configuration of your sound cards through your control panel and double check the volume control. Hopefully that helps!

5. easychoo

I have tired everything with the volume control but i have had no luck. Is there anything i can try?? Thanks.

6. Sora667

Sora667 TS Rookie

I've had these speakers since i got my emachines computer and havent had a prob with the speakers...till now.I plugged in all the cords re checked.hooked it up and pushed the power button.the problem is it wont come on.....a solution?

7. SiNz

SiNz TS Rookie Posts: 21

Weired?

Thats odd? Maybe check if there is a cut or slit openning along the wire that may have damaged the power flow. I felt dumb trying to setup my microphone for a game when I realized the reason why I couldn't hear or send voice is because the wire was cut halfway along the cord to the computer. I have no clue how it got there; unless I accidently pulled it or something. Seems odd - maybe your speakers are blown? If you can, try plugging the speakers into a different outlet, because maybe the outlet is damaged or blown. These are just suggestions.

8. easychoo

I have tried plugging it in in other places but there is no sound coming from them.I wish i never updated the drivers coz before that everything was fine. :(

9. Brock

Brock TS Rookie

Are you running Win Xp?
    You could try a system restore to a date before you installed the new drivers.

10. Sora667

Sora667 TS Rookie

WELL,I FIXED MY SPEAKERS by hitting some wire...now....when ever i play a music video or video on here it wont play sound and at my friends house it does....hmmm well music i already had downloaded worked now no movies do or trailers of movies and stuff//

11. easychoo

Yes I Have Windows Xp. I've Tired The System Restore But That Useless Still The Same. :(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.