Sound problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnytheGreat

Hey guys I was referred to this site and I"m hoping you can help me. I just got a computer that has had little use on it and decided to format it so I put windows XP on it, installed all the correct drivers (Realtek driver for sound) and sound won't work. It says there's no sound driver in the device manager or anywhere. It's a program in the program list but nowhere else. Does anyone know how I could fix this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Sound Problems

Try the sound properties located at control panel first then go here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/ download the latest driver available, I'm assuming it's an AC97 sound device, then restart computer get into the bios by pressing the 'delete' key as it's booting up, find 'on chip devices' scroll down to sound device and make sure it's enabled. Done. Hope that helps..

thanks a lot for your help, I did get it figured out on my own thankfully. for some reason it wasn't recognizing my soundcard i dont know why..or what. thanks a lot. and oh to the spammer: get a job you filthy scum of the earth

Lol yeah spammers are really annoying

If you dont find the realtek driver I have it on my computer ( have the same as you ) and I could just put the attachment ;)

haha I'm actually not that smart with computers, I guess smarter than the average dumb redneck but whatever. I don't know what you have to do to be considered a geek anyway.

If you have a computer and the side is off it your considered a geek, which just means you don't mind figuring out and fixing your own problems.
I became one when my brother refused to answer his phone when I called with another "how do I do this?" question. You are stage one... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back