Sound very low, even though have it up full volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisha73179

Hey ya'll,

I'm new here & was hoping someone could help me!

I just bought a new computer a couple weeks ago--it has Windows 7 & Realtek High Definition Audio ....... Everytime I try to listen to something, whether it be music I've downloaded to my computer OR a sound on a website, it is VERY LOW! I have checked all of my sound settings & each one is turned up to 100 (as far as they'll go!) .... If I want to listen to it, I actually have to pick up one of the speakers & hold it to my ear so I can hear it!!

From there, I'm lost on what to do! Can someone please help me?

I read a few posts, & none of them seemed to have the same problem but I may've not read the right one..... I'm sorry for the inconvenience if it's already been posted!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!!

God bless,
Trisha

Haha sorry!!

Dell Inspiron 537 Desktop - 64 bit operating system with Windows 7 Home premium...

I'm not sure what else you need to know?

Yes--I've got the speakers plugged into the "green" Speaker jack in the back. There's not an "outlet" plug.....it just runs to the computer. The device manager says the device is working properly & cannot find anything to troubleshoot.

It may as well be driver issue; if the cables are connected correctly.

Here is the link for Windows 7 drivers for your dell.

Try uninstalling your existing drivers by going to Start, Control Panel, Programs, click on uninstall program, and find your sound driver software in the list and uninstall it. Once you are done with it, reboot your system.

Then install the newly downloaded drivers. I hope this will help

I did all that you said...... & just finished downloading the new drivers & rebooting again after the install. Tried the sounds again once my comp came back on, & it's still the same :( (Low sound but volume is at 100!)

Do you have a headset? if so can you plug it in and check sound volume also which software you are using to play your music/videos?

Edit:
Please also check whether sound level is set correctly, for that, please go in Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, then click on Sound it will open sound properties, in playback tab, right-click on speakers/headphones and select properties. From there go to the levels tab and then slide the speakers/headphones control to 100%.

Are your speakers self powered, i.e. do they have a usb/ac plug for the sole purpose of power? If not, then the audio jack is surely not enough power to support them.

Archean--Yes, the levels are at 100% --all of them are. I use Windows Media Player but it's not just the music--if I go to a website that includes sounds, it's the same "low sound"...

Gage-- there is a USB but no AC plug.......... I have moved the USB plug to each USB port trying to see if maybe it was just a "bad" usb port, but they're all the same......

There is no "volume control" on the speakers themselves, which I'm not used to....but all of my controls on my sounds are up to the highest they will go.

(Sorry for taking so long to reply---I was supposed to get an "email notification" when someone posted but I didn't lol.....thought I'd check back just to make sure & here they were......)

Well while experimenting with sound settings to imitate what may be the issue; I noticed that sound output is significantly reduced on my notebook as well if a particular setting is unchecked. You may try that and see whether it works for you:

1. Go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sounds
2. Click on Sound, it will open Sound applet
3. Right Click on "Speakers & Dual Headphones" and select Properties; or simply select "Speakers & Dual Headphones" and click on properties button near right-side bottom edge of the applet.
4. Then go to Enhancements Tab and select all as illustrated in the attached picture.
5. Then click ok to implement the settings; and see what happens.

Goodluck. and pls do let us know about the result.

Attachments

• Enhancements.jpg
    Enhancements.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 117
Mine is completely different than the picture.....the choices on mine are "Environment", "Voice Cancellation", "Pitch Shift", "Equalizer", "Headphone Virtualization", & "Loudness Equalization" but they're all checked.....I re-opened my media player after I checked them all & nothing changed....the sound is still really low! :(

As its a new desktop and is under warranty; i'll advise you to talk with the support people of your notebook's manufacturer; if its something with hardware they will find it; and either replace your unit or fix it.

Edit: notebook=(desktop)

It isn't a notebook--it's a desktop :-/ ......But, thanks for all of your help! :) I really appreciate the time you've taken!

Take care & may God bless,
Trisha

You are welcome, but we couldn't fix your problem :/ ....... anyway as i said its under warranty and thats why i suggested calling dell for fixing the issue, & seems logical at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back