Sound works until I play games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title says it all. my sound has no problem running. says its fine, the drivers are installed. everything. plays music, I can watch/listen to videos on the internet or downloaded to my comp. but whenever I start a game. esspecially AA3, AA2, Arma the audio will stop working throughtout THE WHOLE computer untill you restart it not just ingame. I've tryed waiting there but it wont come back until you reboot the system. then its fine again.

I've been trying to figure this out for a full day and havent got any sleep yet. I dunno what else to try. I use to have xp sp3 32bit but I uninstalled sp3 to sp2 because I have realtek and it's said realtek has a big problem with sp3. I'll upload the diax stuff or whatever. if there's anything else wrong tell me.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
here is an error msg when the audio isn't working and i go to trobleshoot on there. idk if it will help

DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

Have you tried uninstalling the audio software, then rebooting and reinstalling? Do you have the drivers available? That would be the usual fix. Usually, you get these from the website of the computer or the motherboard manufacturer. Download then install.

However, you may have a hardware problem that will be difficult to resolve. Do you have a sound card, or is the socket built into the motherboard? Whatever it is, can you tell us what you have by brand or model?
Failure at Step 19 is a user verification error, usually meaning that the driver is old and not digitally signed. A reinstall will usually overwrite that. It can also mean an error in installation of the driver, or that the hardware has gone bad. So first step is to remove the sound driver in Device Manager, or the driver software in Add or Remove Programs.
If you can tell us more about your sound device, or motherboard, we may be able to help troubleshoot.

ok well this doesnt make sense. i wasn't able to uninstall because realtek drives were so corrupt. so i backed up my files on a flash drive i wanted and completely reformated my drives, deleted partitions you know. well i got all my drives done. my nvidia drives are up to date but i didnt want to use the realtek one. i just used the cd my mobo came with to instal realtek and the drives. and STILL after going through a whole system reformat and everything. as soon as i start playing a game for 10 min the sound is gone untill i reboot my computer. if i were listening to music or anything that doens thappen...at all. why only games?

i have a intel DP55WB motherboard.

comes with onboard Realtek ALC888 codec

Intel P55 PCH

and i havent updated to windows xp sp3 yet but i think i will soon anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back