Soundblaster audigy 2 help, trouble shooting, config. HELP!!!!

By Daedalus294
Jan 23, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i bought a creative labs sound blaster audigy 2. Im not sure what model it is , because when i ordered it, it only came in a cardboard box with driver. I had soundmax integrated audio. That is onboard sound. I uninstalled that, and then shut down the computer. Then i put in my new sound card, which is a sound blaster audigy 2. Then i turned the computer on, and went into the BIOS and disbabled the onboard audi. WHen i logged in, and went to device manager, it showed up under video and sound etc with an exclamation point. When i put in the cd to install the drivers, the error message said that the system didnt detect the card, and that it wasnt put in. I double checked to make sure the card was in. It was. So the problem that im having is that i have disabled onboard sound, and put in my sound card, but when i try to install the drivers, they wont install and it will show an error. WHAT SHOULD I DO ? YOUR HELP IS VERY APPRECIATED. THANKS. :confused:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.