TechSpot

Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1 - registration knocks PC

By frustratedGF
Oct 7, 2009
  1. Hi, please be patient with me as I have little knowledge of computers. My boyfriend has even less knowledge and being a musician is not inclined to sit and try and sort this problem (just curses which has driven me to try and sort it).

The SB was installed for him a few years ago but he didn't use it. He now wants to but we can't get it to work. I enabled the BIOS audio as someone had disabled them. The SB registration screen comes up. As soon as I tried to register it the screen went black and said something about input not suported (I think-would have to try it again to double check that)

So I had to turn the BIOS back off in order to use the pc.

Sound works for Skype but nothing else as far as I can tell.

The pc has XP. Oh, and the printer does not work either. I have put the discs that came with it but it does not appear under the printer bit under hardware (if you know what I mean) not sure if that helps too.

Any ideas? Thank you.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,981   +168

What is this PC's specs? Make and model?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.