Soundcard drivers uninstalled themself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I woke up and my computer was turned off (I always leave it on and no one went on it). I boot up and for some reason my sound card drivers were uninstalled, so I connected to IRC like I always do and then it went straight to efnet instead of my usual server I always connect to. I can't think of anything that could have caused this. I don't really care about the IRC thing but I don't remember what kind of sound card I had so I can't go download the drivers off the internet and my mom can't find the CDs that came with the computer so I can't install my graphics card that way. Is there any way to detect what kind of sound card is plugged in? When I search for new hardware it just says it found a "PCI Device". Thanks guys.

If I were you I would start scanning your system for viruses etc. You may want to take a look HERE for a list of good programmes to help you scan your computer for malware etc.

As regards your soundcard. If you download the free Everest programme from HERE, it will give you lots of info about your system, including which soundcard you have.

You will then be able to go to your soundcard manufacturers website and get the drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Something like that

i kinda had the same thing accept i shut my computer done cuz my internet was going as slow as dial up and i have cable, so the nect morning i woke up and the video card drivers were uninstalled! so i used 4 bit color to navigate to the ati site and install them....wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back