TechSpot

SoundMAX Audio driver(s)

By TeeCee
Jan 13, 2005
  1. Apparnetly this new MSN virus uninstalled my audio drivers... so now I have no sound... and since I don't want to hear "beep beep" for the rest of this computer existance, could someone help me here. I do not have a driver disc.
    and at first glance, I'm pretty sure I do not have the soundmax mobo thing...

Is there anyway kind of download out there that might fix this?

2. ManyVoicesOfMe

ManyVoicesOfMe TS Rookie Posts: 29

"beep beep?....

anywho...Is it onboard sound? You mentioning the motherboard gives me the feeling that it is... so what I want you to do is, post here the text written on the small chips on your motherboard.

3. TeeCee

TeeCee TS Rookie Topic Starter

Er.. there are a lot of chips on the mobo.. maybe a few screen shots of the problem I'm having... I've already tried installing the soundmax DRIVERS that are listed in the download section and I get this after install...
    "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again."

Even after I restart computer, still doesn't detect it, and it says the same message.
    since this forum doesn't let me post links, I can't give you a screenshot.

4. ManyVoicesOfMe

What version of Windows are you running?

And also, if you wont take the time to provide the numbers on the chips, then I cant really help you.

5. TeeCee

TeeCee TS Rookie Topic Starter

Neverymind, I'll install XP again, reading the 200+ chips on the thing is irrelevant.

6. ManyVoicesOfMe

This is what I mean by chips.

[​IMG]

That picture is a example, in it I don't see 200+ chips like that. I'm sorry if I wasn't descriptive enough. Usually the integrated sound chip is the small square one that's like a half-inch wide.

Example....
    [​IMG]

Do you know what your motherboard is, model number...etc...
    I might be able to help you out with that information as well.

7. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

Ahhh Micro Atx!!!! Run!!!

8. siva

siva TS Rookie

hey i found the solution

first check the IC for audio driver. Its on the left side bottom of the mother board above the LAN IC. If it is AD188x , then ur realtek supports the audio drivers. if not write down the chip no and search for the manufacturer. then u can download the drivers from their site.
    this shud help hopefully....

9. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Or... You can just go to the Device Manager and go to Audio and see what it's called ( if it's still there ) like "XtremeSound" or something like that

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.