Soundmax audio problems - Drivers not found, please reboot and try again

Hello everyone at techspot!
I made a mistake yesterday by uninstalling my soundmax driver and guess what? I now can not reinstall it in any way... I do only hear these beeping sounds that comes when you have no audio at all (Error messages give these beeping noises).
- I get the titled error "Drivers not found, please reboot and try this installation again" everytime I try to install soundmax HD audio / Soundmax Audio - All different soundmax audio driver installation programmes. And I think this is where the problem is.
- I have been looking alot on this site and tried alot of the things some of you guys are saying but it just wont work for me, meaning I might have a bit different problem.
Iv'e also been looking on other Computer support sites with no luck there either and because this looked like the best replied and helpful site I decided to go here with my problem.

- Edit - I just found out a little more on my motherboard when i restarted my comp - Atleast I know its a ASUS - MVP Deluxe now, no numbers though.
Also, the story just WHY I tried to reinstall my soundmax audio was because I got bluescreen everytime i started the game "minecraft". and I read alot about just soundmax being the problem and that someone had reinstalled soundmax and then re-updated it and then it never crashed again for him again... So I tried that... And now I got this problem... =/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Small Spec:
Graphic Card - Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+ (EVGA)
Motherboard - Asus - Unknown name... Cant find it in everest..
Audio Card - I´m not sure, cannot find this in Everest either.
Processor - AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.61 ghz
OP - Windows XP professional - Service pack 2.

I have seen alot of EVEREST information reports but Im not entirely sure just what i should copy, I tried copying it all but the 50k character limit was exceeded. so Please tell me what to copy and i will paste it here as soon as possible!

Read Bottom for more

>>>
--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Report Type Quick Report
Computer FALARION
Generator Falarioniz
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2011-01-02
Time 16:47

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name FALARION
User Name Falarioniz

Motherboard:
CPU Type 2x , 2600 MHz
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 3072 MB
BIOS Type AMI (08/14/08)
Communication Port communikationsport (COM1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ (512 MB)
Monitor Plug and Play-bildskärm [NoDB] (6418068UEDSS)

Storage:
IDE Controller Standard-Dual Channel PCI IDE-styrenhet
Floppy Drive Diskettenhet
Disk Drive Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 (465 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 476938 MB (335486 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard HID-keyboard unit
Mouse HID-compatible mouse

Network:
Network Adapter NETGEAR FA311 Fast Ethernet Adapter (192.168.1.64)

Peripherals:
USB1 Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
USB Device USB HID (Human Interface Device)
USB Device USB-enhet (sammansatt)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried following things to try and fix my computers audio:
* Using the device manager and trying to find "Soundmax Audio" - No luck, since it doesnt even exist anymore...
* Using Windows update, which cant find anything... >_>
* Downloading a bunch of different driver scanners which none found anything wrong with my audio, probably because it's totally gone.. :/
* Trying different audio programmes such as RealTek... Not a good idea... because it crashed my computer when i installed it with the device manager - BSOD - Crash - Had to reinstall windows XP professional 2 again.... I really hoped that when the reinstallation of windows was done, the problem might have been fixed, but no? I got really angry at this point and just said: "F**K IT"

Now that I am calm I'm here, in desperate need for help.
If this is not enough information about what my problem is and or any missing thing. Please tell me so and I will immediatly try to fix it.
Also, I could try to get some pictures if needed altough they will be mostly in swedish, but I could translate em though.

One thing im stumped about is this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard:
CPU Type 2x , 2600 MHz
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 3072 MB
BIOS Type AMI (08/14/08)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mother card is unknown? is this normal? :/
If I somehow knew how to see the proper name maybe I could go on A sus's website and fix the problem from there by downloading the EXACT driver which I might have missed during my rampage looking for billions of drivers (lol ^_^)

Thanks alot Techspot!

You';re still running XP SP2 (not SP3). Here's something to check

1. Look in Device Manager under System Devices. Do you see device named Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for Hi Def Audio listed? If not, install this MS KB (that MS KB also has an automated fixit to try)

2. Now try reinstalling the Soundmax HD driver. Any better luck?

OK. A couple extra notes

1. I only assumed its Hi Def Audio as you said you were downloading Soundmax HD. If your m/b audio is not hi def that MS UAA device doesn't apply

2. Try ASUS support downoad site using IE. And note the button for ASUS Navigation Wizard to let it search your computer to point you to drivers

3. Good to create a System Restore point too (or disk image backups) to help if you crash again.
==> Also, don't know if you tried, but after a bad driver install one can usually use F8 on power up to get Advanced Boot Options and then try Last Know Good Configuration or Safe Mode

Alright.. I cant seem to find that think you talked about.. so ill try the new method you just said =D

rep++ for fast replies XD

Omgomgomg...

This might just be it!!
It actually installed itself now!!
Time to reboot and see if it actually works! =DDD

Holy Cow! It works!! =#
All thanks to you!

Thanks for the quick answer! :D
Also, Minecraft now works like a charm, before: loads of lag.. must have been the audio messing it up... - Now: Alot better than it used to work, even before this "bug" came :)

Thanks Techspot
And a huge thanks to you
"looking around".

- Will in the future, if I have any problems contact anyone here instead of wasting around 20 hours searching for the error All because you guys are so talented ^_^

Rep +++

Great news! :grinthumb

Thanks for the update and Happy Computing!

p.s. When you have the chance you might also want to checkout

1. EASUS ToDo Backups - freeware tool to create full and incremental disk and/or partition image backups. (Can make it easier to simply recover an image vs. reinstall). Be sure to create a Rescue Media (under Tools) so you can boot from CD or USB to recover if the drive crashes

2. Also see [post=926364]How to backup your drivers (and reinstall them later if and when needed!)[/post]

Struggling forever to get my sound back

Hello everyone at Techspot!
I was incouraged to see how Falarion was helped with this problem. I can't seem to get the "ASUS support download site" Navigation Wizard to search my Dimension 8250 and point me to the drivers.
Any sugestions?

Well, the Asus site won't work unless you have an Asus motherboard. You should go to Dell's website for sound drivers unless you bought a separate sound card. If you bought a sound card, you can also go to the sound card manufacturer's website for sound drivers. When you go to Dell's support site, use your PC's service tag number to find your exact drivers.

Back