Soundmax Problems with Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an IBM T42 laptop that has an ibm thinkpad motherboard with intel chipset with a soundmax integrated audio card running Windows XP.

The problem is that the computer doesn't recognize that there is a soundcard. There is no recognition of it in device manager or in sounds and audio devices.

This makes me think that the driver is not installed, so I downloaded the newest driver from IBM for this system and went to install. It goes through the installation until the very end and then says "Driver not found! Reboot system...". I can't remember the last word or two, but it's nothing helpful. Of course when you reboot the device isn't found and if you try to install the driver again it will say the same thing.

So I thought to add the hardware from the add hardware wizard, except that when I go through to manually add a device it doesn't give me the choise of Soundmax. If I browse through to the .inf file and choose it, the wizard asks to confirm the device, which there are no devices listed and you can't proceed any further in the wizard without choosing a device.

If anyone has any ideas or has had this problem and found a solution please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back