TechSpot

Sounds stops working!

By klala
Aug 19, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. This is a problem that I have ever since I installed windows 7 in my system.
    Its like this: I use normal headphones which are connected to the rear side of my computer, their driver called: "Realtek High Definition Audio". At a totally random time all sounds go off. When I try to play a clip it will run 50% slower with no music, when I try to play a song it will play it 50% slower with no sound.I figured that the only way to get the sound back is by restarting (logging out doesnt work).
    After I got sick of this I got myself a new headphones connected by usb which connected to the front side of the computer. Thier driver is called: "Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000". With this headphones I have no problem at all even after the sounds from the other headphones gets off I just switch to the new ones and then it works.
    Now, I want to be able to have sounds with both of these headphones because I have a recording device that works only with Realtek High Definition Audio driver but the sounds goes off everytime and i cant record.

Things I already did and know for FACT:
    1. I have reinstalled windows 7 (it happens only in windows 7)
    2. I have uninstalled reinstalled the latest driver of realtek.
    3. I have checked for viruses.
    4. There is absolutly NO problem with the sound card.
    5. I have tried to put the normal headphones in the front side instead in the rear side. Still nothing.

My system:
    Core i5 750
    4GB of RAM
    Radeon 4870 HD

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.