TechSpot

Source for silent fans

By schmirk
Aug 27, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would really like to know where I can buy new silent cooling fans to replace the lawn mower fans I have running in my system. Some one here asking for help said, "I cant concentrate..." I can relate.

Brandon

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

hi schmirk,

you can pretty much buy quiet cooling fans anywhere case fans are sold. try to find ones around 20db or less. endpcnoise.com has a good selection.

you could also consider adding a fan controller to use with your existing fans to quiet them down (or use with quiet fans to make them almost silent :)). i have this one and it works quite well.

running the fans slower will reduce the overall airflow, but that's not usually a big deal. personally i'll take the reduced airflow (and slightly increased temps) in exchange for the silence ;)

cheers :wave:

3. schmirk

schmirk TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanx, those links look good, I see other products there that could help too.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.