Source SDK won't open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envergure

I downloaded the Source SDK via Steam and they won't open. I have Half-life 2 and Half-life 2 Deathmatch, both of which should include it.

When I try to launch it I get the "preparing to launch" window like I should. It disappears, and nothing happens after that.

Finaly

I have the same problem it just says launching game then it just goes back to steam, have you solved this problem? it used to work btw but since the update it has stopped working :mad:

me too

Envergure said:
I downloaded the Source SDK via Steam and they won't open. I have Half-life 2 and Half-life 2 Deathmatch, both of which should include it.

When I try to launch it I get the "preparing to launch" window like I should. It disappears, and nothing happens after that.

when ever i try to get in it does the same think have you figured out a way to fix it yet let me know

Read my post, it will answer your question and should fix you problem.

EDIT: Screw it I'll just repost it here since so many people are to lazy to click something.

With VALVe's recent release of Orange Box good ole' Source SDK no longer works. This is because Source SDK is used to develope games that use the older version of the Source Engine (e.g. CS: Source, HL2). But wait! Source SDK is also used to develope games that use the newer version of the Source Engine (i.e. HL2: Episode 1+2, Team Fortress 2). So in the process of releasing Orange Box, the geniuses at VALVe broke Source SDK for everybody who doesn't have Orange Box or a game with the newer version of the Source Engine.

So in this post I'm going to to tell you how to fix this problem!

First right click the Source SDK icon, select properties. There should be something called "Target". It shold have something that looks like this there: "C: \Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 211. So on the very end of this you need to add -engine ep1. This will let Source SDK let you use the newer version of the Source Engine to develope you map or mod or w.e. you are doing with Source SDK. After adding it, the Target should look more like this: "C: \Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 211 -engine ep1. Hope this has helped everybody.

P.S. If you don't want an icon on your desktop open up Steam and go to your tools tab. Right click Source SDK and choose properties. Then click "Set Launch Options" and add -engine ep1 and you should have just fixed your problem like you would have with the icon tutorial. Thanks for reading please suggest some ideas. Thanks-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back