Soy Sauce Spill On Flash Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my co-workers spilled some soy sauce on her flash drive and after washed it out in water and let it dry after a period of time, it still didnt work. I wanted to know if there was anyway to get the flash drive up and working I recomended using rubbing alchol.
Specs
Kingston
Data traveler
1GB
View attachment 35062
Any sugestions?
T.I.A.

Soy sauce has a high amount of salt and as such can damage electrical components easilly.

On the other hand, that flash isn't worth a thing if it won't clean up and work, so a flush with lukewarm water and a clear-rinse dish soap then a thorough lukewarm water flush should wash away all salts. Then dry with the connector donwards for a couple days.

The isopropyl probably isn't necessary.

gl

i sent my sony 2gb flash drive through a wash cycle several times as well as my gameboy games

they all come out fine and smelling better to

yeah, like Gflo said.. i'd whack it in my jeans pocket and stick em thru the wash!
it seems at this stage you've nothing to lose and it'll come out squeaky clean and summer fresh!
i've (or the missus anyway) done it about 3 times but then again mine is Buffalo, made in Japan!

add some egg foo yung......
just wash and dry thoroughly.
:haha::haha: Maybe a bit of Rice as well :).

It seems at this stage you've nothing to lose and it'll come out squeaky clean and summer fresh!
Yeah I've sent things through the wash a couple of times, My Dongle (Flash Drive) went through once or twice and I let it dry for a Day an then when I plugged it back in it was still working and it smelt Fresh, like the House had just had the Washing Powder and stuff thrown around :).
Me and leaving stuff in my Jeans :eek:.

I've (or the missus anyway) done it about 3 times but then again mine is Buffalo, made in Japan!
Yeah the Japanese always seem to build or create something right and it lasts forever, never seems to break no matter what you do with it.

Do not assume that getting a flash drive wet with anything... water, coffee, cola, beer, alcohol... can be repaired by cleaning and drying. This is usually not true as we have found in enormous flash drives brought to our shops.
On those where it does work, you must wait until the unit is thorougly dry and all content has evaporated. This can take days. Done too early, the drive can be destroyed.

Data Recovery from a flash drive that has been "wet" or dropped or otherwise damaged can be very expensive... easily as much as $450 per incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back